College Football!!!!

PhilMays

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work with a bunch of ECU Pirates.....yes the same Pirates that beat Carolina 34-31 this past weekend. God....they beat Carolina for the first time in 32 years and they act like they have a team. I would pull some pranks but the boss is a rabid Pirate too. Have already planned when I leave the company to put Carolina and Wolfpack stickers on his suv with superglue[;)]

It was supposed to be a play on the coach's name but hey I did attend the U of A, occasionally. Have you been to the new TCU all purpose? bldg with the rock climbing wall & such, very nice.

No I haven't, there are a lot of nice facilities there built after my day. A few years ago my old friend who now lives in Boston came for a visit and we did go to the Oui Lounge....sorry I did not pick up on the coach's name word play, but the oui part brought back a flood of memories.

yeah well, we won the last meeting.

I know, that is a stupid statement (but at least true), almost as stupid as "there's only one "real" USC". My USC is just as "real" as your USC. There are pictures, documents, etc that prove it exists. It is real. Your USC has a good football team that plays in a candy azz conference. My USC has a mediocre team that plays in a bruising, tough as nails conference.

Your USC has a good football team that plays in a candy azz conference. My USC has a mediocre team that plays in a bruising, tough as nails conference.

I'm not a fan of either USC team but that first statement was proven to be total BS! Southern Cal is the real deal in college football.

yeah well, we won the last meeting.

I know, that is a stupid statement (but at least true), almost as stupid as "there's only one "real" USC". My USC is just as "real" as your USC. There are pictures, documents, etc that prove it exists. It is real. Your USC has a good football team that plays in a candy azz conference. My USC has a mediocre team that plays in a bruising, tough as nails conference.

lmao, very amusing commentary. no need to take it so seroious and personal. I guess you didn't catch the [;)] jeez, relax and enjoy life. there's a lot more to it than sec football.

Your USC has a good football team that plays in a candy azz conference. My USC has a mediocre team that plays in a bruising, tough as nails conference.

I'm not a fan of either USC team but that first statement was proven to be total BS! Southern Cal is the real deal in college football.

makes sense to me

So Rutgers spanked Norfolk at home coming and Louisville lost to an unranked Kentucky... Rutgers a top ten in nation?

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......Showed little class vs Navy........the crowd should be ashamed shouting those things at them, Not Top Ten in my book!!

I dunno, I wasn't there at the game. I worked that day......

OK here comes some sanity[;)][;)] & I love the sports passion:

Rutgers is very good but are playing cupcakes so far. The Navy game crowd was classless. Kentucky would rather beat in state Louisville than any other school at any sport. Kentucky is decent this year & their passing attack has me worried for Saturday (Arkansas). Comparing scores doesn't work with college athletes, their emotional swings can be very wide. Suppose, a star player finds out during the week his girlfriend is cheating, as one example...

USCarolina does indeed play in the toughest division of the best overall conference. SEC teams beat up on each other each week plus have the divisional championship game thus it's very hard to get through into the National Title game. When it does happen they usually win as in last year. Yes I know other conferences have a title game.

USCalifornia is awesome & Pete Carroll has definately found his niche. I would rather go to school amoungst the sun & bikinis but see above. Generally, they just have to get through UCLA, CAL & a non-conference national interest team to have a chance at the title game.

Arkansas desperately needs a QB & a coaching philosophy change. McFadden is downright incredible but probably won't win the Heisman due to previous statement.

Now carry on.[:P]

So far it looks like it will come down to a couple of games to decide who goes to the big game, USC vs Cal, Texas vs Oklahoma and LSU vs Florida. Both Florida and LSU look pretty dominating against good opposition. USC looks good, but so far they have only played an okay Nebraska team and are waiting for that perenial big game against Notre Dame. The only problem is this year the score could be 67 - 0 for USC. Notre Dame are that awful of a football team.

Early guess, USC vs the winner of LSU/Florida. Right now, I would bet on the SEC winner since they both play great defence and can score.

I think the Navy game was blown out of proportion.....

Do I think it was right to boo the away team, sure. It happens anywhere..... It happens to army, navy, air force, USC, LSU, hell even Michael Jordan got booed at games, etc.

Did it get personal, I think so but I was not there so I cannot give a definite yes or no.

But I think more or less we booed anyway, be it navy or whatever team. When they walk on the field one does not become a naval men but a football player. When the game is over, all the hostility is over. It was during the game and stopped after the game. I have great respect for the armed forces but it was out of proportion. Goto any other game, there will be name calling, chanting and cursing. Our stadium is not that big so it was heard by many..... hell the student section is nose bleed seats.... but it is a game and once the game was over the chanting stopped for when they walk off the field they become naval men again.

I don't know what happened, but it is usually considered classless when an obviously superior teams' fans show a lot of negativity. For some reason when a team is hapless, their fans get more leeway, because they are allowed to show frustration? Rutgers is in the top twenty, maybe top ten for now, start acting like it?

Please consider what is taking place in Iraq, I am against it, but my point is, as long as we have a Military Force fighting, we should, out of respect, not Boo or degrade any of our Military Academy's, they are there fighting so students can Boo them. That is not right, show some class, and support, what the Rutgers Crowd displayed was wrong.............don't mean to preach, but I was shocked at that response........Forget about the I-man already ?