A Legend In Sound

Tony Reed

Perhaps "A Legend in Sound" referred to PWK himself and, by extension, the speakers he designed, ie. the Heritage Series. It could be that the new motto is meant to promote the non-PWK designs, which may generate more income these days than the Heritage Series.

It's good to sound modern, but I agree that the new motto does sound like generic hype.

To me, Klipsch will always be "A Legend In Sound". It's just such a perfect fit.

Tony

The next thing you know,....... the museum will be moved..........and BS buttons will be sold as off-color novelties in stores that cater to adult movies and toys ..........................

tc

EDIT: Perhaps the last part was a bit harsh. Just waiting to hear....... the new flagship!

To me, Klipsch will always be "A Legend In Sound".  It's just such a perfect fit.

Tony

The next thing you know,....... the museum will be moved..........and BS buttons will be sold as off-color novelties in stores that cater to adult movies and toys  ..........................

tc

EDIT: Perhaps the last part was a bit harsh. Just waiting to hear....... the new flagship!

You funny IB

To me, Klipsch will always be "A Legend In Sound". It's just such a perfect fit.

Tony

The next thing you know,....... the museum will be moved..........and BS buttons will be sold as off-color novelties in stores that cater to adult movies and toys ..........................

tc

EDIT: Perhaps the last part was a bit harsh. Just waiting to hear....... the new flagship!

You funny IB

Seti,

You know me, and yes IB trying to be funny, BUT, I know you well enough to know that you understand the point.

Perhaps, IB a bit nostalgic tonight, but I know that you and many others know our audio roots. Guess those roots would be from that "Legend in Sound" PWK.

I have altered and modified the bejesus out of his Cornwall, in bass bin bracing, networks, and mid/top end etc, but make no mistake, Paul W Klipsch designed the bass bin, and I will never change that part of the play. It might "double", but it will be the same.

tc

Why the change...who knows, i don't spend much time reading marketing hype anyway.

But from a marketing point of view, its pretty simple.

While some of you can seemingly quote every utterance of PWK in your sleep, (with the notable exception of the letter where he expressed his distinct preference for the newer SS amps, oh my!!!!) , the AVERAGE buyer hasn't a clue as to what or who PWK or the market was in the past. Just as images of Sonja Henning on the brochure won't wet many appetites (with perhaps the exception of Coytee!). They want something current and forward looking.

And like it or not, references to "legends" look backward into the past, where "ultimate experience" at least refers to a current or future expectation based upon the latest gimmickry that the market offers and the purchaser desires

Sales aren't generated by preaching to the choir. They are driven by stimulating new buyers to look at the products and appealing to their expectations ...And when the average graduating high school student can't find Chicago on the map or identify a President earlier than Bill Clinton, I hardly think that even more esoteric references are going to excite the market.

Why the change...who knows, i don't spend much time reading marketing hype anyway.

While some of you can seemingly quote every utterance of PWK in your sleep, (with the notable exception of the letter where he expressed his distinct preference for the newer SS amps, oh my!!!!) , the AVERAGE buyer hasn't a clue as to what or who PWK or the market was in the past. Just as images of Sonja Henning on the brochure won't wet many appetites (with perhaps the exception of Coytee!). They want something current and forward looking.

And like it or not, references to "legends" look backward into the past, where "ultimate experience" at least refers to a current or future expectation based upon the latest gimmickry that the market offers and the purchaser desires

Sales aren't generated by preaching to the choir. They are driven by stimulating new buyers to look at the products and appealing to their expectations ...And when the average graduating high school student can't find Chicago on the map or identify a President earlier than Bill Clinton, I hardly think that even more esoteric references are going to excite the market.

PWK liked solid state? I simply must find that article! I heard there are some people who still enjoy red-hot anodes with several hundred volts DC covered by little glass caps and claim this sounds "more real"; no doubt Elivis is still alive and we never went to the moon either...

PWK liked solid state?  I simply must find that article!  I heard there are some people who still enjoy red-hot anodes with several hundred volts DC covered by little glass caps and claim this sounds "more real";  no doubt Elivis is still alive and we never went to the moon either...

He had to use what his customers were using. I think he had a preference for crown at some point but I could be wrong.

The fact is bussiness have to change with the times. It depends on your perspective and philosophy wether it is for the better or not. 

PWK liked solid state? I simply must find that article! I heard there are some people who still enjoy red-hot anodes with several hundred volts DC covered by little glass caps and claim this sounds "more real"; no doubt Elivis is still alive and we never went to the moon either...

Yup. The Tube Taliban conveniently forgets this when their selective memories cite the scriptures.

But thats OK that they like the additional distortion that tends to cover up the low distortion characteristics of the horns for which low distortion is such an important point. Cue the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz: And which is the way to Oz...? Yup, can't have that distortion! Oh my!

And its sure to please the exotic Kapacitor Kiddies as well.

I guess this is one of the Lost Books....

Have a blessed day...

PS And regarding new wireless systems...If Klipsch is not utilizing UWB (ultra wide band) technology employing the new Wisair chips being marketed by Wireless USB Devices that will be prominent in the forthcoming wireless USB standard, they are missing the boat.

post-23237-13819344719138_thumb.png

MAS: Yes!!! but the "uber sekret" "Black Tuber" is here!!! been burning it in for about 10 hours. It's as quiet as the 11000's, stereo separation is phenomenal, has that rich "distortion", pleasant, but not noticeable (but the wall of voodoo does not require any weird overdrive..) but very, very cool and retro!!! No wonder ****** called it their finest achievement. Only on the flanker Klipschorns at the moment. [H]

It leaves next week enroute to ****** for the complete cap job and the new/old NOS US made tube set. ***** said it would be ready by Thanksgiving. He's going to go through all parts, tube sockets, and burn it in for at least 10-12 hours to settle the bias correctly. Is it pretty? Yahbetcha!! looks like the 11000's but is very heavy and has factory wheels!!!. BTW your 7900 will be ready in a couple weeks.

Regards from the "The Black Tuber" (sounds like some weird Monty Python thing...)