A Huge Public "Thank You" to a Great Forum Member: "Garymd"

RFP

A couple of weeks ago, I did a bit of a favor for one of our super Forum members: garymd. It really wasnt much, but today, the doorbell rang, and when I went to answer it, nobody was there, but there was a box a box just about the right size to hold LPs!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The UPS guy (or was it FedEx, heck, I dont know) had already left, so my excitement went completely unnoticed well, at least until I got inside and showed the carton to my [ever indulgent] wife.

In the box was a stack of mint-condition vinyl just the kind of stuff that I love!

Man, oh man, the generosity of some people amazes me! Gee, I cant wait to do something else for Gary!!!

So, for all to hear: Thanks Gary, you're the best ! Sorry if this is "shouting."

Maybe he'll have a stack for me next month, CAUSE I KNOW WHERE HE LIVES!!![:D]

J/K......yes, I was very impressed w/GP and his system(S). Who else would offer a total stranger into their house to audition their equipment? Then again, he's not offered lately....hmmmmmmm![:'(]

Gary certainly gave me some valuable tidbits of information.[;)]

I too concur with RFP and the others, many might remember the pristine copy of I-Robot he sent me that I played on the small room system in Hope Pilg '06[;)]

I believe Gary is well aquainted with the addage it's better to give than receive though I was down right exstatic about the LP's he sent me unfortunately I don't belive my ELP CD rips worked as well for him (I'll get better G[:D])

1 [H] dude 4 shuwer[Y]

I must admit that I've never gotten LP's from Gary ...

But he took me golfing today .... at a VERY NICE PLACE off of Calibogue Sound on Daufuskie Island. He is a true gentleman, picked up the $$$$$ green fees, and we had a really nice time. We both are recovering spinal surgery guys, so we had a few bright spots on the course, but in the end, I think the golf course won. It didn't matter ... We had a good chunk of time to get to know each other a little.

Folks often say how much you learn about a person while playing golf. Indeed, it's true. He's a very classy guy. He spoke little of himself, though he could have; he's accomplished a lot in his life. Instead, he spoke of his friends here on the forum, and how much he loves his wife. In my book, it doesn't get much better than that.

He's in a very nice condo overlooking southern Hilton Head and Savannah. I'm not sure, but I think his laptop stayed home. You may not be hearing from him on this thread until next Monday. Don't take it as a slight; just consider a guy taking his wife away on a very private, 25th year wedding anniversary.

We both communed a bit on forum members we've met "live" over the years; I have met a few, but I would honestly say that I wish Gary was my next door neighbor. He has all those good qualities you want in a person. He'll get your kid off the bus when you've miscalculated traffic, he'll listen well when you've got something important to say, and he'll be humble just about all the rest of the time on anythng that has to do with him.

Great day ... Thanks, Gary. One of the really good guys ...

Chris & Carrie

Everyone here is familiar with the Maxell guy right? Well you gotta check out Gary's basement system. It's the Maxell dude on steroids. VRD's, BB extreme cream, Khorns. But here's the kicker, the chair is elevated with blocks or something so your in the perfect sweet spot.

Gary was the first person I ever pmed on this forum, a long time ago. He ended up sending me three bluegrass cd's. I hope I'm not blowing his jazz image. Then when I needed a rectifier he sent me a slightly used mullard 5ar4 at a way below he should have price. He is a great guy.

Tom

. . . . and i thought he was a doctor . ..

Many months ago i had the pleasure of meeting Gary in person, along with Mr and Mrs Songer, Scott and his son . . . they are all great people. In our private chats i learned things about his wife and kids (and he re mine) but he talks little of himself. As you correctly observed, his actions speak volumes about what an all-around good guy he is. I agree wholeheartedly about wishing he were a neighbor, or at least lived a few thousand miles closer.

OK, enough buttt-kissing . . . .but he is "good people"