45RPM Blue Note Jazz Reissue Series Coming Soon...

Ctiger2

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose that could be it since I'm #105. Anyone else get an email from Bernie at MMs today about being double-charged then reimbursed? Maybe it was just the ones that were sent out yesterday.

I'm really excited about the Analogue Productions series that begins next month. My number is in the 300s on that one since I signed up late with Acoustic Sounds. Grant Green's Idle Moments and Joe Henderson's Page One are a couple of the early releases I'm really looking forward to hearing. I like the AP selection much better overall although Hank Mobley's Soul Station is coming up from MMs and that's difficult to top!!

I'm really excited about the Analogue Productions series that begins next month. My number is in the 300s on that one since I signed up late with Acoustic Sounds.

Can you provide a link for this so that I can sign up as well? Well they be doing some of the same albums that MM is doing?

Mike

Mike - Just call AS and ask to sign up for the BN 45 series. The same guys (Gray & Hoffman) are doing them and all the titles are different. No reason to do the same LP twice since they're being cut exactly the same way. The only difference is one is from Analogue Productions and one is from Music Matters and has fancier covers. APs are not gatefold and don't have extra pictures. Same price, just different titles. Sign up for both and you get 4 LPs/month. That's $200 big ones every month. Not cheap but if we can stop buying other LPs......................Actually, I might ebay a few of my originals to cover some of the cost.

I don't know why but the new forum software is still giving me troubles. Only happens from my work computer. No paragraphs or breaks.

I got my invoice yesterday as well...they are on the way, cannot wait. I am still on the fence with the AS 45rpm releases. I'd really like to have them, but cannot quite justify the 200 bones per month price for both subscriptions. AS has several LPs lined up that I already have, and they seem to be the more popular choices...which I see as good and bad. Good that they are great LPs...but the MM choices are ones I don't have and it seems to be forcing me to get more music and venture into uncharted waters.

Where do the rest of you fall on this? If you could only have one set would it be the tried and true LPs that you already have in the best possible format (excluding the originals...if you had the means and that is still up for debate) or would you go with some less-famous titles that get you to explore new things?

I too got my invoice on Saturday, and look forward to the LP's.

After giving it some thought I'm not sure if I am going to pursue the AS 45's. I'll have to think about it a little more. The good thing is I don't have any of the LP's on the docket from either series, except for a couple of sporadic ones, so everything will be uncharted waters for me.

Mike

Mark,

Some of these you will certainly like. Art Blakey's Moanin' is a classic and is on the list. Some of the funkier 60s jazz like Hank Mobley's A Caddy For Daddy will be out soon. Grant Green's Idle Moments will be out in April. Every song on that LP is wonderful as is Joe Henderson's Page One.