Any Klipsch Heritage owners live near South Bend IN?

TitaniumTroy

Greetings all, I was wondering if any members with the Heritage line of speakers live near me? If so perhaps I could come and check them out and have a listen with some of my CD's, DVD's?

I hang out online mostly at the Sound and Vision website, but I have learned from some of the gurus over their that horn speakers when set up right are the ultmate in reproduced sound, so I wanted to put that to the test for my ears.

Currently I have 5.1 Magnepan system minus the subwoofer which is a 12" BIC America. MGIIIA's upfront, MMGC for the center channel, and 10.1's handling surround duties.

I should have bought a pair of Heresy's from the base exchange in Avaino Italy when I was stationed there back in 82-84. Instead I bought some JBL 96s which were marked down by a couple of hundred dollars. But they passed on due to foam rot a few years ago, I could have had them refurbished but decied to move on instead.

I became hooked on planer type speakers when I heard a pair of Acoustat's back in 84, I loved the imaging, soundstage and clarity. But I am trying to keep an open mind and keep listening to different speakers when I can.

I am curious how do they Klipsch Jubilee speakers compare against the Klipschorn?

Thanks,

Troy

Welcome to the Forum. Ah the deals we passed up on active duty!!! In any event, I can vouch for the Klipschorns (having had JBL 4311's, 4312's, 4313's, L-166's, etc when on active duty in that "era"). YContact Michael Colter (colterphoto1) on the Forum when he gets back next week. He works for Klipsch and works in Indy. He can probably help you on locating someone to do an audition with the Jubilees (and Klipschorns). Hope that helps. Good luck

Thanks for advice Groomlake, just out of curiosity what is the low frequency response for the Jubille if optimized for home use?

The Jubilee was DESIGNED for home use. Its original intention was to replace the Khorn and become the Khorn II so to speak. When they finished it they decided that it was good enough that it deserved its own place... (plus I'd imagine they didn't really want to do away with the Khorn which IS a great speaker in its own right!!)

If your room sounds good, I'd suggest to you that the Jubilee would sound as good if not better than anything else you might put in there. Of course, I'm not biased!! [;)]

I'm not in Indy but if you're ever near Knoxville you are more than welcome to hear mine. It's not my place to offer for others but I'd bet ten cents that if you got ahold of Dean who lives in Dayton....He's a LOT closer to you but I'm the one who has the dogs that will lick you to death so it's a matter of priorities [&]

My logic tree would say this to you

1. Are you looking to buy new/used?

2. are NEW Khorns within your plans/budget/room constraints?

3. Would you rather start at the TOP of the food chain and be done or start lower down and as some suggest "work your way up"??

If your answers are new, yes, yes then certainly make the effort to hear the Jubilees before you do anything. My guess is you will give in to the dark side!!!

If you DID look at the Jubilees, realize that they do not come with crossovers out of the box. One owner (Bill) has bought some Crown amps that I understand sound VERY good with them and the Crowns have the xover built in. Oh, I forgot to mention, they cost something like $500 each as contrasted with the EV crossover some of us bought which was $1,300 BEFORE we then bought amps. The Crown seems like the bargain of the year.

Have you read the "Chronicles" thread? do a search on that and grab a cup of coffee.