Klipsch XF-48

Christina

Looking at the picture and the speaker dimensions, by eyeballing i get in the mid 40 inches high, 7or 8 inches wide, and about that deep or less. They should be out next month..http://www.klipsch.com/news-center/press-releases/details/new-klipsch-flat-panel-speaker-worthy-of-praise.aspx

there are links to people who might have more specific info.

• Klipsch Employees

I have been running specs' on these all week. They kick the Deftec's but. 48 tall, 7.5 wide , 7.5 deep.

All they need is power from the wall and a line level siginal. I have a full 5.1 system set up in the HT room right now and they do a fine job. I think these will replace my F2's in the family room when they land.

Mass production starts very soon. It won't be a long wait now...

• 5 months later...
  • Klipsch Employees
They are built in China. We engineered them here, from top to bottom. Roy did the horn, Andre did the voicing, Matt S did the amps.It is a active system. Which = amp for the tweeter and an amp for the woofer in each speaker. We have tons of control. IF they have a downfall, it would be volume. They have a max out of about 110db @ 1m. Yes, they will replace the 54's as the flat screen solution. The bass from these things is amazing. You almost don’t need the sub.

XF-48 is a BIG advance over the RVX-54 but we went to great lengths to achieve that result. The internal bi-amp and electronic crossover allow us to extract maximum performance from the available cabinet volume. That was the problem with RVX-54 and all passive speakers of similar size. Dynamics and bass are very good on the XF-48 and many people will be happy without a sub. In addition to the internal bi-amp we developed very high performance woofers and passive radiators. The 5 1/4" woofer uses neo ring magnets and it's a very expensive driver. The passives have front and rear suspension unlike other oval passives in order to minimize tumble motion and distortion normally found in passive radiators.

There is an input sensitivity adjust so it will match just about anything with an audio output including direct connection to either speaker output or headphone output on a flat TV.

I demoed them for about 200 people last week in LA and they were mighty impressed.

• Klipsch Employees

Maybe a dumb question, but can these speakers also be powered directly from an amplifier? It looks as if the back of the speakers would accept speaker wire? If so is there an advantage / disadvantage to this?

Yes, they can accept a speaker level signal. The advantage is connection possibility. Being able to accept different levels of input allows connection to many different sources. I.E. (Receiver with no variable pre out, TV with speaker out, Ipod or any headphone out...).

I had a pair at my home for a couple of weeks early on, then later for another weekend during final Beta testing.

With their high-tech horn, passive drivers and smooth frequency response, I likened them to a modern forte. They won't go as loud, but thanks to a great design and active eq within the preamp section (which you can only do in a self-powered speaker) they have amazing detail and clarity.

Plus they look VERY cool. At one point I hooked my iPod directly to them and it sounded fantastic- no amp, no receiver, just iPod and XF48's! Tres cool little system!

Michael

Maybe a dumb question, but can these speakers also be powered directly from an amplifier? It looks as if the back of the speakers would accept speaker wire? If so is there an advantage / disadvantage to this?

You can run them directly from some TV's outputs- so they'd be great in a bedroom where space and style are at a premium. If you hook them up to a surround sound receiver, you can use the PRE-OUTs from the receiver for the main channels, utilize the XF48's internal bi-amps, and preserve your receiver's wattage and power supply for your center and surround speakers.

• 3 weeks later...