How do you replace an RF7 woofer?

jacksonbart

We had some company over this weekend and some young ones made thier way down in to where the movie room is unexpectedly. Well the grills were off the speakers. Long story short one of the RF7 woofers was damaged, looks like by a small fist. Anyway just ordered one from Klipsch parts and now I am wondering how hard it will be to replace. What kind of screws hold those woofers in? I think the woofers just clip in, correct? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you inadvance

The dust cap is pushed in/crumpled also the copper part of the woofer has some gauges though none go through. It works, yes but when I got the price from the parts department, its not that bad and I would prefer to just replace it, epecially since not sure how long they are going to continue to make the parts. Any advice on what it takes such as the screw driver needed to fit the screw heads would be much appreciated. Never openned them up before.

Thanks

That's a bummer JB! I'm not familiar with the RF' but I have changed out a couple in my old JBL 4311's and if they are surface mounted on the outside of the motorboard you may only have to srew the old one out and reconnect you post (providing their spade attached) and screw the new one back in but I'm sure some current owners will post specifics[;)]

I dunno if you can do this with the RF-7, but I always tilt my speakers on their backs when swapping out drivers...this lets gravity hold the driver in place until all the screws are out. Then you just tip the cabinet over when you're ready to let the driver out and put it back on its back for putting the new driver in.

Replace the RF7s with Cornwalls.

Let someone else deal with the woofer.

Open up that purse and don't look back JB.[^o)]

I tried but it did not work out. It was a nice party but no there was no child fisting. Really I blame myself, I should have had the grills on. but oh well. Bad week actually, my tower crashed and now this. Just got a new Dell Inspiron 1521 with vista while I am waiting to see if the 3 year old XPS is toast. Oh well it comes in 3s. I am waiting for the thrid issue.