I got my Lascalas ... promptly took them to the desert to test them.

G.Kennedy

• 6 years later...
On 10/26/2016 at 1:55 PM, dtel said:

Bump for an old thread. 2007 - 2009

Still like the picture, wish we could get the others.

I think I have them all... :ph34r:  fairly high rez... but here are some smaller ones.

Bruce

200430222-M.jpg

200430512-M.jpg

200430861-M.jpg

200431439-M.jpg

200431744-M.jpg

200433494-M.jpg

200433818-M.jpg

200434127-M.jpg

200434489-M.jpg

200435191-L.jpg

• Like 4

That is really neat! Klipsch should start a heritage add campaign based around this type of rugged individualism. Its a no brainer and would give them great recognition. if some beer companies can get people to drink their flavorless beer, you can do anything with great adds.

I don't always save pics off the web site, but I try to get some of the cool ones before they disappear into a black hole. Unfortunately I have missed a bunch. The flip side of that is finding them later when I know I have saved them somewhere.

• Like 2

A big thank you, Bruce.  I've been recently looking for those shots, completely unrelated to the resurrection of this thread.

Someone recently mentioned (Jim?) that the best sound experience that they remember was La Scalas playing outside away from housing/buildings...like in an open area.  It turns out that I came across a very good reason why this might be, and that involves low power amplifiers (but perhaps ones that have higher output impedance than T amps--a lot higher, in fact).  You know which kind... See the following post:

"There is nothing in the desert--and no one needs nothing" (attrib. T.E. Lawrence, Lawrence of Arabia, Prometheus)

(Well...almost no one...) (attrib. C.L. Askew)

Having no "microphonics effects" coming back to your fully horn-loaded loudspeaker horn mouths, and not having to worry about irregular off-axis polars reflecting off near-field surfaces and walls makes for an excellent listening experience.

Chris

Our Filipino group had a weekend camping trip, mostly for the kids, where they learned more about Filipino culture. On Sunday, one of the pastors in the group (husband and wife are both from the Philippines) did a short service for those attending. He has one of those small Yamaha Class D mixer amps, two small speakers and a sub (StagePas 400i I think... w/added sub). Out in the open, it sounded unbelievably good. Admittedly a small gathering, but it was in its own sweet spot.