David Gilmour: Remember That Night - Live from the Royal Albert Hall (2007)

Coytee

Overall, a very very good DVD.

Part Floyd, Part David Gilmore new stuff...

David Bowie did his own take key wise, as David is famous for, I am sorry, but sucked...

David Crosby, Graham Nash background vocals... Pretty cool...

Visually very good the pans down from way back under the chandelier got old.. fast... but audio wise was a great mix...

My copy arrived today and I took some time to sort of fast forward through both disks, stopping on some key songs I wanted to hear.

It DOES seem as though this is a nicely done dvd... seen better, seen MUCH worse... I like it so far. When I ordered it, I read some reviews on it and someone said that it was worth getting just to see "Echo's" if nothing else. That intrigued me so that was one of the pieces I listened to. unfortunately, I listened to it while only running about .01 watt through my K402 instead of maybe peaking at 10 watts.... that song was EPIC!!!!!!!!!!

If you like Meddle with Echo's on it, I think you will like this track.... Epic.... only word I could think of.

I'm glad they got it down for posterity. Seems on the tour, they did some other songs in the playlist that didn't make this (A Gread Day for Freedom, On the turning away...) and that's too bad because I think those would have been fantastic additions to this playlist.

Ya.... did I say it was epic???!!

Leaving town tomorrow, back on Sunday... I'm already looking forward to next time I'm at home alone where I can put some proper volume into Echos.

The second dvd was sort of a background documentary from various shows. It might have been just as interesting as the concert dvd. didn't finish it though.

[Y]

Guest srobak

Didn't this concert just happen a couple weeks ago? Or am I thinking something entirely different? I could have sworn the simulcast I attended a couple saturdays ago at a local theatre... in fact - was only at 2 theatres all across Chicagoland, and a few dozen around the world.

Even though this has some good stuff I don't think I can hear another version of many of the songs.Dave should have included lots of solo stuff from early albums.

Fish, is this disc just a DVD of songs we already know and heard, nothing new here at all? Pink Floyd without saying Pink Floyd?

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but I had to comment. Bought the Blu-ray version a few months ago and watched with the RF-63's in Dolby TrueHD. Loved it. Next watched again a few weeks later with 63's in uncompressed 2 channel w/sub and really loved it. Had the day off the other day and watched it with the Forte's playing in uncompressed 2 channel w/o sub and was literally floored. These speakers pick up every little nuance in the recording both good and bad. Even inaudible chit-chat between the band members could be faintly heard. The bass these speakers are capable of was almost as clean as with the RSW-10d. The Forte's never seemed strained from the lowest to the highest frequencies. Enough about the speakers, the blu-ray version of this concert needs to be in most ref. DVD collections. Whether you are a Gilmore or Floyd fan or someone who just appreciates quality music workmanship, buy it.

Bill

Willland, for the past two-three years I have gone through a Gilmour-mania phase, ever since hearing the "Pulse" DVD concert (and having never seen PF in any concert, or even concert footage, before). I love "On An Island," and was thrilled to get the "Live In Gdansk" DVD with the added bonus of the entire On An Island in surround mix. I then got the Royal Albert Hall DVD, and love it too. It is especially poignant as it reflects the last months of Richard Wright. I think that Bowie, Graham Nash, and David Crosby are not who I would have used as guest vocalists, but I still enjoy their presence as a sort of "meeting of rock icons" which is impressive itself. After seeing the recent VH1 showings of "Which One's Pink?", a BBC documentary, one has to feel "poor Roger Waters." He does OK, but he sure diva-ed himself out of Gilmour and Co.'s tremendous success.