Show off your 2ch system

damonrpayne

That is a cool barn! How were the acoustics?

If that quonset hut shaped machine shed (barn) was anything like the one I used to have at my home in the country- the acoustics were GREAT- hardly any flat surfaces in a building like that (check the bent roof rafter) save the walls at both ends.

Well it's not like you have not heard a decent system in a room like that before[:o] LOL

post-18681-13819598848794_thumb.jpg

post-18681-13819617095334_thumb.jpg

Well it's not like you have not heard a decent system in a room like that beforeSurprise LOL

Y'know, I have never been in that room! Wish I could, someday. I guess you can't call it a man cave, can you? Man loft? Man penthouse? Man observation perch?? I kinda like Fortress of Solitude m'self...

Well it's not like you have not heard a decent system in a room like that beforeSurprise LOL

Y'know, I have never been in that room! Wish I could, someday. I guess you can't call it a man cave, can you? Man loft? Man penthouse? Man observation perch?? I kinda like Fortress of Solitude m'self...

Man cave with a pretty yoga ball :)

icon-quote.gif
barrynsue:

This is my temporary system. The Khorns are at the main house as they were too difficult to move on a temporary basis..

Barry,

What do you think of those Quad ESLs? I've always wanted to hear a pair.

Nice rooms everybody. Kaiser, I like the turntable hanging from the ceiling.

I'm going to bribe Kaiser with Chimay to hang mine from the ceiling this winter. Tooo hot to work in the attic now.

Nice SET-up sebrofWink What phono pre are you running?

Thanks Kaiser -

I'm using the phono board in the big Yamaha R-2000 as my phono preamp. The table goes into the Yammy phono and out the tape output so no Yammy volume or switches, then to the 2A3 SET you see on top of the rack. I have a home brewed phono amp that uses 6SL7s (the silver box under the table) but since I got the KHorns the hum from it is too loud. I was not happy to have to use the Yammy phono preamp, but once I hooked it up I was surprised at how good it sounds. It was made way before vinyl was cool (~1979).

p6170003.jpg

My
recently acquired Monte Carlos (first generation) hooked up to the
T-Amp and iPod in the dining room.

Very cool PM! I am pretty interested in T-amps....the guy who sold me my LaScalas played his iPod through one for the demo.

I guess this shows what could be called my 2 channel system (which is really just part of my current series III Heritage HT). A pair of plain ol' Cornwall IIIs and a pair of plain ol' Velodyne DD-18s, plus a couple of black boxes to provide some source and amplification.

eR0014109.jpg

laager,

nice looking setup.

just one question, what are your Cornwalls and center Heresy sitting on and did you make them are buy them? I just pulled up the carpet and will be putting the room back together and might need something like that....

James

just one question, what are your Cornwalls and center Heresy sitting on and did you make them are buy them?

They're just really thick woollen doormats (about 3/4 of an inch thick). I bought them at the equivalent of a Wal-Mart or Kmart. Pretty cheap and do the job of protecting the floor from the metal buttons on the bottom of the risers.

• 11 months later...