DIY HTPC w/J River media
DIY Cornscalas oiled oak
DIY IB Subwoofer w/2 AE IB15-8
Behringer EP2500 (sub amp)
Behringer CX2310 (sub crossover)
Panamax MAX-5300
DIY interconnects
Phantom 12Ga speaker wires with Nakamichi locking banana plugs

Excellent setup... It looks as if your shelves can handle quite a bit of weight.... I think it looks super....

• 2 weeks later...

dtel wrote:

I just really like the way that looks , how does it sound standing by the amps ?

It's a different prospective behind the speakers, or a different way to hear the room if everything you hear is a reflection ?

never thought of that, it's a unusual perspective.

some of the time, i listen with my back to the speakers, on the computer, etc. it's very similiar to that experience, it is hard to place where the mids originate when standing in front of the amps..bass is good though.

I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not, so here is my system as it is now. Except the Super Baldwin amp in the pic is out and the Korneff 45 is in. I switch these two in and out every once in awhile but, the Korneff 45 is my refrence amp and always will be!!!

Jay

post-21005-13819660377724_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not, so here is my system as it is now. Except the Super Baldwin amp in the pic is out and the Korneff 45 is in. I switch these two in and out every once in awhile but, the Korneff 45 is my refrence amp and always will be!!!

Jay

The pair of reel to reels looks great. Great setup!

Jay

The pair of reel to reels looks great. Great setup!

Hey Boxx,

Thanks alot my friend, yes the two decks are awesome!!! They are both modded to take the signal directly from the playback head and send it to an external tubed tape pre amp!!! Really sweet stuff!!!

Jay

...yes the two decks are awesome!!! They are both modded to take the signal directly from the playback head and send it to an external tubed tape pre amp!!! Really sweet stuff!!!

Is that an Otari on the right side? Built like tanks!

Bruce

The only place these beasts will fit is in my garage so here is DIY MWM bottom with DIY 555 bin and JBL 2360A horns with EV DH1A drivers .Center is a Peavey FH-1 with LSI top.

How do you like your JBL 2360 horns? I have a pair of 2365s that I got from JC, but haven't picked up any 2" drivers yet.

Bruce

@kg4guy

I want your garage system!! looks sweet. You also have sorrounds??

I am using the Optoma HD20 projector and a pair of KP-250's but I'm still in the process of setting up a full surround as I need to build a passive network for the fronts, as I wouldn't know if you could hook up an active somehow to a surround receiver, and I need a nice receiver also?. I have another pair of LSI one piece and a total of 4 FH-1 cabinets like the one in the photo with a pair of MB-2 mid cabinets and the Peavey HF top with a large horn and the 22X drivers also a few pair of Bose 802-II's with the large 302-II sub that has 2 12" woofers so I have alot to choose from??

The only place these beasts will fit is in my garage so here is DIY MWM bottom with DIY 555 bin and JBL 2360A horns with EV DH1A drivers .Center is a Peavey FH-1 with LSI top.

How do you like your JBL 2360 horns? I have a pair of 2365s that I got from JC, but haven't picked up any 2" drivers yet.

Bruce

Bruce I like the 2360A horns I got them because I have a friend that has them on his Klipschorns and after hearing them I decided to get a pair.I was using them with my Cornscala Dbb's but needed them for the MWM's however I don't have any other large horns to compare them to I'm sure the 402's are better but you can find a nice pair of of JBL 2360A horns for a few hundred and a pair of 2"drivers for $300-$400 I paid $200. for the EV DH1A drivers I have and they are mint and sound as good as the 2445J's.