Show off your 2ch system

damonrpayne

Okay Shiva's house it is.  I contacted some forum friends and have 43 commitments so far.  What will you be serving?

Though Shiva's home contains the entire Universe within it,  my home seats 5 comfortably.  Apocalypse Now will sound slammin for anyone venturing to Southern California who wants a listen. 

• Like 2

Here's my 2-channel system. Going to stick with this for a year or more and let it bake in.. maybe now I can focus on paint and carpet in this room.

'83 Cornwalls, in custom DBB cabinets (only one woofer being used) with Aletheia made crossovers (Jupiter flat stack caps, wax impregnated blah blah, teflon coated wire blah blah)

2010 MacBook Pro running Roon. SSD, 8GB RAM, ethernet, blah blah

Schiit Gungnir with USB Gen2 module. BJC interconnects.

Custom dual mono SEP amp from Maynard.

Flexy Rack made using 3/8" threaded rod and Ikea chopping boards

_1040920-Edit.jpg

_1040923-Edit.jpg

_1040924-Edit.jpg

_1040925-Edit.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice setup Thad.  Been meaning to make a DIY rack like that.

Are there only two 3/8" rods, or is the third out of sight?  The cork feet provide increased air flow under the SEP amp, but what are the cork pads for under the MacBook and Gungnir?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I need to get a rack yet or something but here it is

Totaldac D1 Dual

Totaldac D1 Sever

LFD Integrated Preamp

UberBuss

Antipode Cables IC's

Music Storage

Qnap / 1TB SSD

Belkin Router 

(2) Paul Hynes SR5 Linear PSU

SurgeX

I am going to be comparing 2 pairs of speakers next week   Selah Tempesta & Harbeth Super HL5 

post-49590-0-84100000-1433681119_thumb.j

Edited by A1UC
  • Like 1

I built this stereo stand this past weekend. It is made from 1-1/2 Baltic birch and  stained with black cherry. I replaced the McIntosh pre with the Sonic Euphoria passive pre and added the Lounge LCR phono stage. The laptop run JRiver20 with a 1T external drive of music. It is USB to the Music Fidelity M1DAC below it. The amps are Antique Sound Labs AQ1006 845 DT MKII.

livingroom060815.jpg

• Like 7

I built this stereo stand this past weekend. It is made from 1-1/2 Baltic birch and  stained with black cherry. I replaced the McIntosh pre with the Sonic Euphoria passive pre and added the Lounge LCR phono stage. The laptop run JRiver20 with a 1T external drive of music. It is USB to the Music Fidelity M1DAC below it. The amps are Antique Sound Labs AQ1006 845 DT MKII.

livingroom060815.jpg

What kind of speakers are those!!!!???

• Like 1

livingroom060815.jpg

What kind of speakers are those!!!!???

Those are DIY. http://wardsweb.org/audio/Widgets/

Wardsweb.jpg

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...