Centre speaker for LaScalas?

boatman

Any thoughts about a good, compact centre speaker for my pair of Klipsch LaScalas? I do have an older LaScala collecting dust in the basement (my original MONO system) but it is too large for our living room arrangement. I seem to remember Paul Klipsch years ago recommending a BelleKlipsch to centre flanking Klipsch Horns . . . but I am digressing and dating myself.

If you can't fit another LaScala or similar sized heritage speaker like the Belle, you might want to try a Heresy instead. It uses the same mid and HF horns as the rest of them, but, being considerably smaller may work out better for your setup.

Good luck with it and keep us informed with what you decide to use.

Jon

------------------

markvi82@hotmail.com

1981 Cornwall I's

Yamaha DSP-A1000 integrated amp

Acoustic Research AR3A's for Pro-Logic rears

(Music only setup)

Marantz CD Player

Yamaha Turntable with Stanton EE Cartridge

Thanks for the quick replies!

Being a "newbie" it took me a few minutes to browse the archives to find a similar question from Dennis Lamb in November with many excellent suggestions. Seems like I am following in the footsteps of other LaScala owners upgrading to home theatre.

Boatman,

I'm also using a Heresy (II) as a center with my LaScalas and it works great. I'm using RS-3s as movies surrounds. While those may not be the recommended surrounds for Heritage speakers like the LaScalas, the RS-3s work great as movie surrounds.

Your LaScalas will make the foundation for an awesome HT system!

Ross

------------------

My System's Stuff