Is there anywhere I can buy the BASH HC1011 chip?

vleong1

I recently got hissing to all the sats and sub. I took the amp out and found the problem to be the BASH HC1011 chip. If I apply pressure and push the BASH chip down towards the PCB with a slight angle the hissing goes away but there is still a slight hiss coming from the chip itself.

Anyone know if I can buy this chip anywhere?

Or any solutions to this problem? I tried electrical tape to hold down the chip but the tape stretches and within a day the hissing comes back..

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

what is the value of R19 in the above picture ?? mine is a little bit burnt, and I pulled one leg and measured 26.10Kohm, is that close ??

Oh BTW my bash1011 board does the same as all the rest, causes a whining-screaching sound unless you bend it a little by pressing

one corner or the other, but it doesnt last for long.

-CHUCK

• 4 months later...

Isn't it interesting that I am having the same issue that can be fixed by pressure and twisting. I have fixed similar issues to this one by re-soldering the joints of parts on a problem board. I haven't tried with these speakers yet and I don't know if I should. I might just go ahead and buy the chip from Infinity if I can. Some people say it is an issue of heat but I beg to differ. The whole design premiss behind it is that the air flow created by the subs would be sufficient to cool the powering system. The louder and more power drawn, the more air flow required which is made by the subs.

I bought my set of ProMedia Ultra 5.1s in the spring of 2007 and just yesterday my speakers stopped working with a slight squeal but not the sub. I called Klipsch today and didn't get any help in any way. They informed me that I could pay $125 for it to be fixed by them, but that of course means I have to send them the sub or at least the amp part. So tac on the shipping charges to that and you have the price of the set them selfs.

-Jake Sherlock

I should make it clear that my opinion is that BASH has miss engineered their chips. They should be able to handle the hi temps reached within the casing of a sub. I also think Klipsch has miss engineered their speaker system. It should have been clear to Klipsch that hi temps would be reached and a chip with a low temp tolerance should have not been put inside their sub box. My dad bought the same set of speakers from the same store at the same time. He is a light listener (Low volume - Not often) compared to me who is right into loud movies and techno with heart disrupting bass. I also use my speakers in a home theatre arrangement so high volumes are a must to fill the size room I have, where as my father has a small computer room. His speakers keep ticking on nice and clear. Mine on the other hand, well broken in.

• 1 month later...

So here are my results. I ordered from JAM Industries Ltd. 21000 TransCanada Hwy, Baie D'Urfe, Quebec, Canada H9X 4B7 two HC1011 chips. They came and I installed one. It works great. No more hissing and sound is back to normal.

2x 23.20 $46.40

Ship 9.95

Admin. 10.00

Subtotal 66.35

Tax (12%) 7.96

Final Total $74.31

Feel free to contact the lady I spoke to here.

Susan Hatt

Consumer Parts Sales Coordinator

(Ontario, the Maritimes & Western Canada)

1-877-526-5463 ext. 2262

Fax: 1-800-563-2591

mail to: susan.hatt@jamindustries.com

Visit our website www.jamindustries.com

-Jake

• 1 year later...
  • 12 years later...

I realize this is a very old thread, but since mid 2020 there is a non-ceramic replacement option for the troublesome ceramic BASH HC1011 boards. I've had great results with hundreds of the new boards (most people find them on ebay). An engineer in Washington helped me produce a non-ceramic replacement that avoids the intermittent connections that develop on the brittle ceramic boards after thousands of heat cycles.  Ceramic would have originally been chosen to handle high temperatures, but in the ProMedia 4.1 and 5.1, the ceramic boards do not actually get hot enough to need ceramic.  Ironically, a daughter board in the 5.1 actually does get hot enough to char, but that was not made using ceramic boards.  (That daughterboard problem is alleviated with another new board the engineer also helped me develop, plus the mounting of a silent fan to move air in the tight confines of that board's location).