Chorus II vs. Cornwall sound

George Roland

George,

I had the pleasure of having both of these in my house at the same time to compare. While I might be biased slightly as the Cornwalls were mine, here is my opinion.

The Cornwalls are much brighter in the mids. The Chorus II is boomier in the bass and less bright. Together, they sounded great! The Chorus II while having a smaller footprint, requires rear space for the passive radiator. I don't believe you could be unhappy with either speaker. For all out dbl performance, the Cornwall wins. Let your ears be the judge, as what you listen to will make a difference (movies or music).

i have Cornwall 2's, n' Chorus 2's ...

depends on your listening preference, really ....

i liken cornies for low level jazz, but once ya cranker ...

the're ... not so hot

then the Chorus 2's really deliver ... flat, substatial bass , sweet, not nasal mid's

Duke, I may have to save this response for posterity. Pretty much how I feel about the difference between Corns and Chorus.

Carl.

the're ... not so hot

then the Chorus 2's really deliver ... flat, substatial bass , sweet, not nasal mid's

Duke, I may have to save this response for posterity. Pretty much how I feel about the difference between Corns and Chorus.

Carl.

funny ...

we seem to agree on a lotta things, CJ

including .. Altec ..

maybe we inherited the same set of Ear's ..[:)]

the're ... not so hot

Carl.

funny ...

we seem to agree on a lotta things, CJ

including .. Altec ..

maybe we inherited the same set of Ear's ..[:)]

Maybe so. We both like volume and have a dislike for buzz saw squawkers.

Wait till you see what I'm doing with my Khorns. Heh, heh, heh..........more mods, not enough time.............

On a different note, pulled some 416 woofers from the attic. I have plenty of Klipsch around the house. Now, where can I fit some custom Altec cabinets again? The garage?

Carl.