OT: Top 10 Conspiracy theories

Daddy Dee

Interesting, but any list of conspiracy theories that leaves out the JFK assassination would give one cause to wonder about the validity of the list.

Well, maybe you don't put that one on the list because only 1 in a 1000 still buy into the absurd idea of a lone gunman. Man, don't get me going on that one.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=468046

Interesting, but any list of conspiracy theories that leaves out the JFK assassination would give one cause to wonder about the validity of the list.

Well, maybe you don't put that one on the list because only 1 in a 1000 still buy into the absurd idea of a lone gunman. Man, don't get me going on that one.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=468046

Dean,

Thanks for the link. JFK seems to be an excellent example of when the conspiracy theory is proven to be true.

There are probably some other

events that people consider as a "conspiracy theory" and were found to

be true; others would claim that by definition, a conspiracy theory

cannot be found to be true (but cannot be debunked either), because

then the whole conspirative tone would disappear.

Here is the ultimate conspiracy theory:

Conspiracy theories are all started by the government to ensure that everyone is asking the wrong questions.[;)]

For example:

Was 9/11 a government conspiracy? Probably not - but the decision to use it as the basis to decide to invade Iraq (which had nothing to do with it).....

Or:

Aliens are being held at Roswell. Or not - but it is a great cover for testing "black ops" aircraft and the like.

IME the question that everybody is asking is rarely the right one and this cannot be an accident!!!

• Moderators

Dean,

Thanks for the link. JFK seems to be an excellent example of when the conspiracy theory is proven to be true.

Hey Dee,

When was the JFK consipiracy theory "proven" to be true? Did I miss something?

Just curious.

Dean,

Hey Dee,

When was the JFK consipiracy theory "proven" to be true? Did I miss something?

Just curious.

Amy,

Good point. Probably "proven" is not a good choice of words. I was responding to Dean's point that only one person in one thousand believes Oswald was alone in the assassination. (who knows what real poll numbers would reveal?)

The idea of a conspiracy theory usually has an element of a minority belief that most to not hold to be true. When the minority belief becomes commonly accepted, it seems to change the dynamic of the conspiracy theory.

"commonly accepted belief" not apples to apples with "proven"