Klipsch Lascala Plans

Troy

The LaScala_correct.pdf IS correct, with dimensions provided by a multitude of members of this forum. The measurements are very accurate.

I also have exploded view of the cabinet to give a better idea of how the pieces fit together.

Bruce

Yes, the exploded view you have is excellent. You should post it one more time.

I have them with different wood grains. This isn't complete, as it is missing the piece across the back that fits just under the top. It is a 3 inch piece that goes the width of the cabinet. I have meant to add it for a long time. I also have a couple of different views, and made a wallpaper sizes (1024x768).

post-7149-13819349448038_thumb.jpg

I currently have a pair of Lascala's that I'm running with a Bryston 4BST, Bryston SP2 Preamp, and the sound is just amazing. I have been in search of another pair to mate with the existing pair and another 4BST, and after I got to thinking about it, I figured I would just build it; however, if you have this available, I would certainly be interested!

I would say that I'm in the category of not knowing the accuracy of reproduction; however, one can only conclude after listening to the LaScala's, at least the one's in my possession, along with the Bryston 4BST, the accuracy and sound quality is hard to beat. With that being said, the one's you have put together I would bet have better sound quality. Is there a preference to using 1" MDF?

I would say that I'm in the category of not knowing the accuracy of reproduction; however, one can only conclude after listening to the LaScala's, at least the one's in my possession, along with the Bryston 4BST, the accuracy and sound quality is hard to beat. With that being said, the one's you have put together I would bet have better sound quality. Is there a preference to using 1" MDF?

The 1'' material vibrates less than 3/4''. As far as sound quality maybe Tarheel will chime in here. He's had both the 3/4'' and 1'' side wall bins.

I am on my second set of bluesboy's LS and believe me 1" mdf is the way to go. Bass is ample and I've never felt the need for a sub. My pair uses Beyma tweeters, 511 horns with 902 Altec drivers and ALK Engineering crossovers. Bluesboy does great work.

Bluesboy may want to post a pic with the tweeter in the top hat. A rather nice look.

I am on my second set of bluesboy's LS and believe me 1" mdf is the way to go. Bass is ample and I've never felt the need for a sub. My pair uses Beyma tweeters, 511 horns with 902 Altec drivers and ALK Engineering crossovers. Bluesboy does great work.

Bluesboy may want to post a pic with the tweeter in the top hat. A rather nice look.

Here it is.

post-15074-13819349521878_thumb.jpg

This appears to be the same plans that Gil posted but more readable. Since I don't have the ability to create a pdf doc this will be in 4 posts...

Mike

Mike,

Those are the same drawings as the ones floating around with metric measurements. The pdf was made by a forum member. The same one who did the Cornwall plans.

Bruce

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...