my little journey in pursuit of Klipsch speakers

dcler

I had my KG5.5 a while ago until recently after we started to add a 300-squared feet area to our family room (not yet completed, framing done). I decided to get a nice LCD and set up HT speakers. First I got the RF7, pair of RS-35. Then got pair of 87-Heresy II. I tried to figure out how to mix these speakers to work for HT and music. As soon as I found as package deal a RC-35, a pair RF-35, RSW-12 (to get them, I had to drive two hours one way to Sacramento after work. My wife was concerned I might fall into sleep and came with me. We had a good time talking along the way since we had been busy lately for everything that are going on), I immediately decided to have a Reference set for HT and Heritage for music. I spotted the pair of 90 K-horns in the Garage sale section but a day too late trying to arrange shipping from MA across the country while other local guy snatched it. In desperation and to my luck I looked and found another fine condition K-horns pair in Santa Barbara just 6 hours away. I immediately told the seller that I would buy it at full asking price. I drove six hours one way down freeway 101 to pick them up the first Saturday and came home around 10pm the same day. (well, Yahoo map gave a wrong direction and caused me an extra hour of extra driving!). I needed a pair of RB-35 to complete my HT set-up and looked around my local Craigslist. One AM Monday morning after setting up some Cat-6 cables for my kids bedrooms, I checked Craigslist and stumbled on a pair of great condition (70's ?) Cornwall asking for a price too low to show [:D] posted just two hours ago. I didn't know what I would do with them but emailed and offer to buy since nooooooo one could pass up such a deal. When the seller contacted me the next day at 1 pm, I left my office and drove one hour to San Pebblo to pick them up, and they looked great! Someone up there must have felt a need to put some deterence to all these luck and madness, I was stopped by police for driving 48 in a 35mph zone. Oh well, I'm driving much conservative now and feel good about it. After all, who knows if this might have saved me some bigger troubble in the long run like what if I hit someone by less than careful driving habit. All these happened within the last four weeks that were never quite planned while preserving the kids education fund and a marriage [:)] Btw, I'm newbie here and have learned quite a bit from folks in these forums and will certainly more in the future ...

dcler,

A fairly incredible shopping spree you went on. I'm envious.

You have about five rooms worth of speakers, if not more.

You'll spend a pretty penny powering all those boxes up. Nice thing is, the speakers will wait for you to light them off.

And you already have them. Money in the bank.

Thanks for all the warm congrads to this community. To end my story, I just locked in a deal for pair of RB-35s for rear surround of my HT setup. Bought the Anthem AVM-20 V2 pre-amp processor, B&K 7250 amp, and Marantz DV 6400 universal DVD player, and now I'm whole [:)]

The K-horns in MA that I missed was in this forum's Garage Sale two weeks ago: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/969453.aspx and I believed it was also listed in Boston's Craigslist at the time.