Headphones now available for purchase!

Amy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay,

I think you know the answer. You might want to avoid the IMAGE ... fantastic sound, so comfortable you'll forget you're wearing them, so small they'll be easy to lose and difficult for anyone to tell what it is you've got stuck in your ears.... maybe they'll send you the new Stick It In Your Ear tee shirt to go with them. With the Custom models, it's possible somebody might notice you've got in ear 'phones.

Like you've not already let Klipsch know which model you want and are patiently waiting by your email for the shipment notification. Bet you wished you'd had 'em for your um, interesting bus trip last spring.

I hope they're worth the wait. I'd have gone nuts by now waiting for such a prize.

Enjoy! Let us know what you think.

Ben

I am with Jay on this as well...I too won a pair of these and Amy says Klipsch will send us any pair we want...I would love to hear some feedback as it has been some time for me and earphones (remember the white single you got with transistor radios??? [;)]

Bill

Hi Jay and Bill,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

To make a decision on which HP to buy I want to let you know that I don't think you would be disappointed with either the Custom 3 or IMAGE. In fact eventually you may want both. Here is how I use them and found the best solution.

Do you need optimum sound or convenience? Custom 3 is the best sounding personal monitor that is available on the market. I realize that I am biased since I voiced it but this is the comments that I am getting from the experts. This is why we have the guarantee if you dont agree return it in 30 days. If you want this model you need to wait up to 60 days. Sorry but we are making final changes that allow for easier manufacturing.

If you are walking jogging or moving a lot Custom series is more stable to wear. If you catch your hand or something on the cable you are less likely to pull the PM out of your ear because there is more shock absorption on the design.

If you are using your PM more at work or a situation where you need to talk often then IMAGE is your model. It loads quickly to your ear and sound great. I am really picky about my sound, being an audio engineer but I can listen to either model because the both sound awesome. Custom 3 just has a more accurate EQ and the top end of the response is so smooth it sounds like butter!

Here is my prediction for sales. More people will choose IMAGE first over Custom series because sound is not their highest priority, ergonomics are. It is very easy to use, looks great, and very comfortable. It is also smaller thus a little easier to move around and store than Custom.

Thats my two Hertz!

This makes it even worse [:'(] I was thinking image since I do move and do like the ease but now professor thump makes me wanna get the custom 3 with comments like the highs are like butter and the best sounding headphones ever! gah!!!! I think I want a Christmas present from Klipsch!

Hi Bill,

SInce the eartip is the same, other than color, the noise isolation will be the same. The double flange works better for additional isolation. Hey I bet you get twice as much isolation from two flanges, if I do the math. [:o]

If you want optimum isolation (with more discomfort) you can use foam ear tips, but you have to keep throwing them away as they get dirty. The highest level of isolation would be a "custom" ear shell like an In Ear Monitor. This will cost you $500 and up but you will have the most cancellation with this since it goes very deep in your ear canal.

I just spent 15 hour on a plane back from Hong Kong and I only used the Customs PM's. My ears didn't hurt after that many hours. They will with most ear tips that are round in cross-section. Usually after 5 hours I want to rip the standard triple flange out of my ears, but it works great for isolation.

Keep it in the air...Just stick it in your ear!

Professor Thump, how do the Image compare to Etymotics' ER4P's? This is a really good discount on the Image, but my first choice was the Custom-3s. I have the ER4Ps and the Image seems so simular.

I have made a pact that I will not dis the competition. We are all in this together making better music each year. But when it comes to the ER4P's this is a highly respected model that has stood the test of time as a single armature. When you compare them the first thing you will notice is that the IMAGE is much smaller in diameter...by almost 50%. This means that small ears will have a better chance of a perfect fit.

Mead Killion from Etymotic (pronounced with a long "o" as in the word "mode") has developed the ER4P to be flat to the ear with a 5 dB rolloff in the HF. This is to emulate a speaker in a room with carpeting. Mr. Killion is one of the most respected people in the audiology community, and well deserved of that respect. When you make sonic comparisons you will notice that IMAGE has a higher bass response than the ER4P. That was intended. In fact we had to work real hard to get the LF to perform the way we wanted in such a small armature. It was already difficult to make the KG926 and we had to make it more complicated. For my ears the IMAGE is more balanced in real world use. Most people will get a partial seal on IE headphones. It may be a 75% seal or more like a 95% seal, but there will most likely be a small leak. People are going to hear less bass when they have an ear leak, thus we decided to make sure that the PM's didn't sound too bright.

Everyone will experience In Ear sound differently due to their anatomy. Some will wear the earphones deeper than others in their ear canal which will give a different user experience. The volume of air in your ear canal will change the response of the earphone slightly. Depending on how the ear tip sits in your ear you will get a totally different response on the top end. Lots of things can change your musical experience. But each design does have distinct characteristics that you can't ignore. This is similar to comparing different rooms with the same speakers. The speakers will sound different in each room but still have those artifacts of sound due to their design.

The best thing I can say is try IMAGE. I think you will like it or your money back in 30 days. Isn't that the deal Amy?

Just stick it!

I think you will like it.

• Moderators

The best thing I can say is try IMAGE. I think you will like it or your money back in 30 days. Isn't that the deal Amy?

Yes, 30-day money back guarantee for any reason. Free ground shipping, too, so you have nothing to lose [:)]