Five Years Gone

colterphoto1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 1/2 here, and to think it all started with questions regarding a center speaker for my Epic CF-2's that I bought new in the mid 90's.

Since then I have owned Heresy's, Chorus I's, Chorus II's, Cornwall II's, La Scala's, KLF-C7, RS-3's and an Academy. I currently have everything except both pairs of Chorus's. Nothing like what Michael has, but certainly a nice place to start.

Mike

• Moderators

March will be 5 years for me, time flies !

If you would have asked me 5 years ago what were the chances that I would have gone to Indy and to Hope Ar more than once to be with people I met on the computer, I would have said 0%.

I also would have thought my wife would have NEVER EVER signed up on a forum about SPEAKERS, or ever been this interested !

Christy has never complained about big speakers in the house, but I never thought we would have 8 in one room this size and want more and bigger ones.

If you would have asked me 5 years ago what were the chances that I would have gone to Indy and to Hope Ar more than once to be with people I met on the computer, I would have said 0%.

That is interesting, huh. I guess good people are good people, regardless of geography.

Michael, congrats on all the enjoyment you've received and the contributions you've made. Your post rating would have been "In Need of Psychiatry" or some such moniker in the old days.

Just looked at my stats, and it turns out that I've been hanging here since 11/6/2000, or seven years ago last Tuesday.

Wow.

Who have I met? Lots of good guys ...

Formica (Rob)

Painful Reality (Jean Francois)

NoDisc (Tim)

LeoK (Leo)

Garymd (Gary)

FrzninVt (Charles)

JCTurboT (Jeff)

Coytee (Richard)

John White

I'm sure I'm leaving some out so my apologies [:^)]

Furthermore, I've been impressed that all of these guys are pretty regular and trustworthy. In the beginning, my wife would worry when I'd go out to meet one of Klipsch on-line buddies, but after a few visits from some really nice people, she's gotten over it ...

Plus I've learned some amazing things here, e.g., :

Cleaning Puke Off of Grills: Puke contains a chemical called Buteric Acid. That is what gives puke it's characteristic odor. If that oder persists, it is possible to use a mild base (not bass as Klipsch makes that already) such as baking soda and water to neutralize the buteric acid.

Do not ask me how I know this. It brings back too many college memories. Almost got kicked out of a fine organization..

Is that great, or what ????

Chris

Chris, thanks for the Tech Tip, I'll have to write that up and send to all the guys. Phillips will split a gut over that. You and Charles must have been around when they had coal-fired computers, eh?

Thanks for the well wishes fellas. Yeah, it's ALWAYS been about the people. Cool bunch of guys (and gals Christy!)

Tomorrows the REAL b-day- 49 years ancient. I might even have a girlfriend soon......

yer buddy,

Michael

WERE ALL JUST ONE NATION UNDER A GROVE.. GETTING DOWN JUST FOR THE FUNK OF IT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msNgZ2nexC0

Thanks Roger! You would not believe how AWESOME the CS500 sounds with those bass lines- this thing is very musical- the guys got this one REALLY RIGHT!

That vid is playing on computers all over customer service now- we're having a Parliment-Fest