Five Years Gone

colterphoto1

I might even have a girlfriend soon......

yer buddy,

Michael

I would advise not mentioning your

number of forum posts, the number of speakers at your home, the general

mania surrounding a specific brand of speakers, etc., at least not

until she is in too deep to retreat [;)]

Congrats on all of it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yer buddy,

Michael

I would advise not mentioning your

number of forum posts, the number of speakers at your home, the general

mania surrounding a specific brand of speakers, etc., at least not

until she is in too deep to retreat [;)]

Congrats on all of it.

Thanks Richard- guys- don't get too excited for me yet. Haven't even met her, one of those computer dating thingies... She lives quite a ways away. That's probably a good thing.

yer buddy,

Michael

I would advise not mentioning your number of forum posts, the number of speakers at your home, the general mania surrounding a specific brand of speakers, etc., at least not until she is in too deep to retreat [;)]

Congrats on all of it.

Good advice!

Wow come February it will be 6 years for me[:o]

I too like many others have gained friends here. I bought a pair of Heresy's to go with my LS from a board member at an insane price, which would not have happened anywhere else. Have had great input on building my center and various tips on my HT construction. All in all this is the best site for friends, tech help, and just plain insanity

Thank you to all of my Klipsch friends!

scooter

I forgot to mention the free Pie Slice logo "knockoffs" that were offered years ago. I was in Italy at the time the logos were distributed (my Avatar used to be a colorized photo from inside the old La Scala Opera House), and I think it was GaryMD that received a pair on my behalf, only to hold and then forward them to me when I was back in the country. I know Songer was involved, and maybe T. Brennan too, but I truly felt honored to have a "place" held for me.

I believe it was Edwardre (anybody seen him?) that gave me a pair of University SA-HF mid drivers for free. When I was able to find a NOS, boxed pair, I offered the same "forum" drivers up for free again, and while I don't remember who got them, I remember you were happy!

Fini was willing to ship "Domes of Silence" to the masses, without fear of retribution, and truly does well for a marionette. I tease; Fini forever!

Q-man was willing to photo copy and mail me various plans, and even Dennis chimed in on some of my newbie posts.

I have had pleasant exchanges with a few of the moderators, and I have only been treated well by Klipsch service. It was only one time, when they said they didn't have any "cane" cloth for my '59 Shorthorns, but that they could send me the last few yards of "wicker" cloth that they had. Vintage Klipsch Cane, baby!

Bob Crites is also an outstanding citizen. With the patience to accept an almost 2 year delay of my shipping "Free L-Pads" to him, from the Speakerlab Khorn bass bins that I employ. At the time that I "rescued" a pair of '67 Decorator Vertical Cornwalls from part sales on eBay (thanks Frzn), Bob had already snagged the crossover networks. Luckily, the seller got me and Bob together, and I am fortunate that he only wanted the networks for testing and/or reverse engineering. As soon as he was done with them, Bob sold them to me, to complete my matched pair of birthyear classics. He also mentioned that he had never tested crossovers of that vintage, that were still so close to original spec.

Thanks again to everyone that has answered my (all of our) questions, to the moderators, and to the dream...

Chris

Thanks Richard- guys- don't get too excited for me yet. Haven't even met her, one of those computer dating thingies... She lives quite a ways away. That's probably a good thing.

That can work, Michael. Let's see, on here since August of 2001... lost a wife in 2005... lots of support from you guys... have a great girlfriend halfway around the world... yeah, it can work. [:D]

There are a lot of folks on this forum who have been an inspiration to me. Losing your wife/best friend to cancer when they should have a lot of years left... you just do what you have to do. Barbara and I received incredible support from members on this forum. She was incredibly blessed by it. This place is a family that many may never have, and it really is an honor and pleasure to know so many of you and call you friends. The Klipsch speakers aren't bad either... [;)]

Your dedication to your wife's memory is an inspiration to us all, Bruce! Wish you all the best with your new life.

Yeah, Michael...it'll be 5 years for me next month...we've all gained friends here due to this forum, and for that I thank Klipsch for providing us all a place we can call our second home.

6 1/2 here, and to think it all started with questions regarding a center speaker for my Epic CF-2's that I bought new in the mid 90's.

Since then I have owned Heresy's, Chorus I's, Chorus II's, Cornwall II's, La Scala's, KLF-C7, RS-3's and an Academy. I currently have everything except both pairs of Chorus's. Nothing like what Michael has, but certainly a nice place to start.

Mike

Ditto. I joined the day before you did. Nowhere near Colter's post numbers though.

I guess I go on too long.....

I believe it was Edwardre (anybody seen him?) that gave me a pair of University SA-HF mid drivers for free.

My last communicae with him were a few years ago (2/2005 if I remember correctly). He was doing well but was recovering from a nasty auto accident, if I recall ... Memory's a bit fuzzy.

Really nice guy, very helpful and knowledgeable.

One guy I miss on the forum is Kelly Holsten (Mobile Homeless). He drove a few away and was driven away himself due to his strong beliefs, but he was one of the nicest guys I never had the pleasure of meeting. His contributions here were long and wide. Like anything in life, YRMV, but he got me on the right path down the audio lane, so to speak. His advice to me was always spot on.

Chris

I forgot to mention the free Pie Slice logo "knockoffs" that were offered years ago. I was in Italy at the time the logos were distributed (my Avatar used to be a colorized photo from inside the old La Scala Opera House), and I think it was GaryMD that received a pair on my behalf, only to hold and then forward them to me when I was back in the country. I know Songer was involved, and maybe T. Brennan too, but I truly felt honored to have a "place" held for me.

Chris

That was you? I just remember it was someone named Chris.

Yes, Allan Songer was the one responsible for making those at his shop in LA. At the time, I never would have guessed I'd be flying all over the country to see jazz show with Allan, Scott (Boomac) and others. Last time we were in LA, Allan showed us the different pie logos iterations from that time in many colors and textures. Yellow just didn't look quite right!

Can you imagine life without the forum? What would we do with all our spare time??? I'm coming up on 5 years but it seems much longer. I know I wouldn't own Khorns if not for this place. Not free ones anyway.