Five Years Gone

colterphoto1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 years for me...............God where has the time & Money Gone?

Same here! Nearly 7 1/2 years.

I remember my first post being a question about my then brand new set of ProMedia v2.400s.

Went a long time with out even coming into the forum. I then decided I wanted to upgrade my home theater setup from my aging Yamaha Dolby pro-logic HT reciever and Infinity speakers to something a bit more modern and much nicer.

Granted, I've not posted much lately about equipment and such as I am pretty satisfied with my current Klipsch RF-7 and B&K gear (although this Denon AVR3802 that I am using as a pre/pro is starting to get long in the tooth. I may seriously look into getting something newer sometime this next spring). Lately, it has all been about the music now. Once I got the setup, now it has always been on the search for anything to feed my ever hungry CD player. I've had a lot more fun in the past years exploring and discovering a ton of really awesome music in the underground power and progressive metal scene.

Still, I've made many great friends through this forum and always looking forward to opportunities to get to visit and hang out with you guys.

BTW, It looks like I may coming to Indy over Thanksgiving (mainly to visit my older brother and my aunt and uncle), but hopefully I'll have time to look a few of you up in the area.

This place is a family that many may never have, and it really is an honor and pleasure to know so many of you and call you friends. The Klipsch speakers aren't bad either... [;)]

That shoud be the official tag line for this forum...well said Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Joining this forum and getting to know all of you has been such a rewarding experience. Dtel and I have met many of you in person and have formed life long friendships with those we have met.

We have had so much fun with Indy, Colter, Custom Steve, Coytee, Dr. Who, Groomlake, Travis, Daddy Dee, Fini, Picky and so many others we have met. It seems as though we knew all of you before ever meeting you in person. And wives....where applicable.

Some people say "Who someone is "behind a computer" isn't who they are once you meet them". I don't agree with that statement. After reading on the forum for a couple of years we had the opportunity to meet a lot of you over the last two years. Without exception the personalities of each forum member I met was exactly what I expected.

After reading Marvel's posts about Barbara's sickness and death, it was obvious they had a deep faith in God. Eventually Marvel began posting about the new woman in his life. When I met Marvel in person his faith and mild mannered personality just shined through, no wonder he found someone special to continue his journey through life.

Many of us have encouraged Colter to hang in there and be patient. We have all told him "when the right woman comes along you will know". After speaking with Michael a couple of times this past week.....I think the "right one" might have come along. Michael, keep the faith and be patient.

One of our greatest gifts came from a member we have never met. Arfandbark sent us a HK receiver last year as a wedding/vow renewal gift. It just doesn't get any better than the folks on this forum. Thanks again arf!

I didn't mention a lot of you by name and I apologize for that. If I mentioned everyone by name this post would be too long and no one would read it.