Thebes Panty Waist Thread, cont. (big pics for MC)

garymd

Man, the bass on these Geffen recordings sounds incredible. Very full, tight and deep! I have all 3 of Rickie's Geffen recordings (Flying Cowboys, Traffic in Paradise and Pop Pop), and they all sound fantastic!

Gary, give me a shout today if you get a break. I want to talk about these Blue Note reissues and get your opinion.

Mike

Glad to see there are still a few manly men here on the forum. Congratulations to Mike and Gary.

One small quibble. Gary did you have to use a gold lame pillow as background? Don't worry I'll lend you a little of my own manliness by skipping today's shower and drying out those week old sweat socks in the microwave.

By the way, if you're going to open up a Columbia 2 Eye Tony Bennett "Songs for the Jet Set" I recommend a trusty, and rusty, hacksaw.

post-14801-13819349717516_thumb.jpg

Glad to see there are still a few manly men here on the forum. Congratulations to Mike and Gary.

One small quibble. Gary did you have to use a gold lame pillow as background? Don't worry I'll lend you a little of my own manliness by skipping today's shower and drying out those week old sweat socks in the microwave.

By the way, if you're going to open up a Columbia 2 Eye Tony Bennett "Songs for the Jet Set" I recommend a trusty, and rusty, hacksaw.

Gee whiz Marty. You've become quite the crotchety old fart these days. You dis the gold pillow that I put on that chair for YOUR comfort a couple weeks ago because of the jealousy you obviously feel as I opened a kickass Pink Floyd box set while all you had was an old sealed LP from a lame one-hit-wonder Village People wannabe group. It's OK though. I saved a couple sealed Jim Nabors LPs you can open on our next get-together. That should make you feel better.[:S]

Tower of Power did some pretty good stuff, and their vinyl is pretty well recorded. Urban Renewal comes to mind. I wouldn't exactly call them a Village People wannabe group. These guys actually had some talent. [:P]

Mike

Stay out of this Mike. This is between Thebes and me. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY talks about my gold pillow like that and gets away with it!

Now I'll admit that pillow felt comfy. After all real men are allowed to baby their derriers a bit. I've always said the bigger the butt, the bigger the man, which makes me a very big man indeed!

However, actually showing the world that you own a gold silk pillow is a definite macho no-no. If the womens folk see it, you just know what's going to happen to man-caves all over this country. It'll start with "a little decorating to spruce the place up" and before you know it we'll have to clean up the spilled beer and moldy potato chips.

Just this afternoon The Twins showed up from a shopping expedition with something called "swatches". Don't know what that word means but I'm suspicious.

I strongly suggest covering it in Washington Redskins burgendy and gold.

"One hit wonder"! Why I'm huming " I Left My Heart In San Franscico" as I type this.