If I weren't such a slow typer...

mungkiman

Here's a competition shot:

The 22 Oz. Relay Lap.

This event was held first to limber the contestants up and to give
the less gnarly among the outsiders a chance to compete at something.
It is usually a solo event
called the 40 Lap, in which the racer must drink a 40-ouncer while
circling the track. Spilling, dribbling, leaving the course, and
drinking with a foot down are prohibited.

In
the interest of keeping things moving, we turned it into a 22 ounce
relay of teams of four, emphasizing pedaling ability over drinking
speed. To compensate, we used the vilest substance found in 22 ounce
cans, Camo brand malt liquor.

lapstart75.jpg

I'm a hunt and peck man. Around the office, they refer to me as the "three fingers of fury". I'm still getting them to recognize the thumb, which only works the spacebar, but is a significant contributor.

That describes me but I bought a Mavis Beacon typing cd program...haven't opened it yet.[:|]

• Moderators

I'm a hunt and peck man. Around the office, they refer to me as the "three fingers of fury". I'm still getting them to recognize the thumb, which only works the spacebar, but is a significant contributor.

That describes me but I bought a Mavis Beacon typing cd program...haven't opened it yet.[:|]

Arky,

If you are serious about learning to type Mavis Beacon is wonderful. We will be using Mavis Beacon in Buddy's home school curriculum next year.

I'm in a similar boat. My typing skills SUQUE, but I manage to get it pounded out anyway. I think back to some of the extended postings I have made on this forum (especially relating to my MC-30s).....those took HOURS to compose. It's a good thing that me and my wife had differing work schedules at that time, or she might think differently of my time spent here. She likes the results I have obtained here, but I do think that if I had made those posts when on similar work schedules (like now), she would have wondered if she even had a husband......

Voice recognition software would be very helpful, and would allow me more activity here. There's times that I would like to post, but don't want to budget the hours that might be required to defend my positions[;)] There are some topics here that you just KNOW will become "involving"....and sometimes I just let 'em go. I get occasional PMs from members asking about topics I have posted about, and frequently I just give them my phone number, because typing out a complete and proper response just takes TOO long.......

Isn't the spacebar the only key the thumb is supposed to be used for? [:)]

The 22 Oz. Relay Lap.

This event was held first to limber the contestants up and to givethe less gnarly among the outsiders a chance to compete at something.It is usually a solo eventcalled the 40 Lap, in which the racer must drink a 40-ouncer whilecircling the track. Spilling, dribbling, leaving the course, anddrinking with a foot down are prohibited.

Inthe interest of keeping things moving, we turned it into a 22 ouncerelay of teams of four, emphasizing pedaling ability over drinkingspeed. To compensate, we used the vilest substance found in 22 ouncecans, Camo brand malt liquor.

lapstart75.jpg

That's some funny sh!t.  Living here in churchville, I miss that sort of thing.  Got pretty used to activities like that when living in Aspen. 

Ever so slowly and with great anticipation I too approach the K mark post threshold.  I recall the day I went 3 digit with a swelling of chest and some tears.  Soon it will be 4 digit, a member of an elite and select group poorly defined but intent on communication none the less.  Deep sigh, ahem.  Congrats to you on this life altering achievement!

• Moderators

The 22 Oz. Relay Lap.

This event was held first to limber the contestants up and to give the less gnarly among the outsiders a chance to compete at something. It is usually a solo event called the 40 Lap, in which the racer must drink a 40-ouncer while circling the track. Spilling, dribbling, leaving the course, and drinking with a foot down are prohibited.

In the interest of keeping things moving, we turned it into a 22 ounce relay of teams of four, emphasizing pedaling ability over drinking speed. To compensate, we used the vilest substance found in 22 ounce cans, Camo brand malt liquor.

http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/operations/chunkathalon2002/image/hires/lapstart150.jpg''>http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/operations/chunkathalon2002/image/hires/lapstart150.jpg' mce_href="http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/operations/chunkathalon2002/image/hires/lapstart150.jpg">

I wanna play!!!!! Gosh what a hoot.

Travis

• Moderators

Unpack the Mavis Beacon at once and get at it. In about 3 days you will not believe what you can achieve.

I am faster on the keyboard that any secretary I ever had. Last time I tested it I was at about 70 wpm.

Very good Max, but a fast secretary will make you smile !.................Just kidding.