where can high quality music downloads be found ?

wpines

We have downloaded mp3 music files, transfered to Itunes, that we play through a USBDAC. What is best about downloads is the ability to sample countless artists and genres, styles, and different time periods that we'd never buy at $20.00 a CD to "try". I personally have broadened my tastes and interests tremendously Those that I find and like, I buy the LP or CD for the improved dynamic range and sound. My question is, where are high quality music files available for download on the internet?

There isn't anywhere specific that I know of that does downloads

strictly in high quality. There is a trend among artists now though

that are releasing their music over the internet and allows their

customers the option to buy higher bit rate or lossless music. Some examples that I can think of in music that I recently bought was some of the Dave Matthews Live Trax. Sorry for not much help.

SF

"Legal" huh. Lets put it this way. I've been buying music all of my life and I have no problem with continuing to do so. Sometimes paid $30 for piss poor production and recording and maybe one good cut on the whole disc, but that's the generation I grew up in, we paid our way. I've got mixed feelings on file sharing but I doubt I'm the only one here running Limewire or something similar.

For some songs/albums, Itunes will offer a "plus" version for an additional 30 cents I believe it is. These songs/albums have been ripped at a higher rate (256kbps) and are DRM free.

I believe they lowerd the price to 99 cents recently. But if you bought songs at the regular bitrate with drm it will cost 30 cents each to upgrade.