Klipsch Family Spirit

dtel's wife

• Moderators

I know this is a "long" post, please take the time to read it.

Groomlake and family dropped in last night for an overnight stay. What a night!!!

This is the second year Groomlake and family have made an overnight visit with us.

Upon arrival Groomlake brought in a pair of Oak oiled Heresy II speakers for Buddy (our 7 year old grandson). We have known about this gift from Groomlake's family to Buddy for over a month now.

Groomlake saw a post I made a while back. Dtel and I had bid on a pair of Industrial LaScalas for dtel's workshop and we were going to give Buddy the Heresies in dtel's workshop. We lost the eBay bid by $10.00. Buddy was so disappointed. Groomlake immediately called me and told me not to buy any speakers for Buddy's room. He told me he was going to give Buddy a pair of Heresies for his room.

Initially Groomlake wanted me to tell Buddy the Heresies were from dtel and I. I asked Groomlake several times to let me pay for them and he said he would not have that. I told him if he was not going to accept the money for them I wanted Buddy to know they were a gift from Groomlake and his family.

Most of you know Buddy is an avid Klipsch fan and has visited the plant in Hope on two occasions, as well as attending the 2007 Pilgrimage in Indy. I told Groomlake it was important to us for Buddy to know there are people in this world who do things for others just because they want to. I told Groomlake it is also important to us the "Klipsch Family Tradition" be passed on to Buddy.

Needless to say when Groomlake called me....I began to cry. Once again I am overwhelmed by the generosity of the people on this forum. Dtel and I have made so many friends that have actually become part of our family. Some of you we have met in person at various Klipsch functions and some we only know through this forum. All of you will forever be in our hearts. I truly want Buddy to continue his love of Klipsch and the people that have made this forum such a wonderful place.

Additionally, one of dtel's tweeters in his shop Heresies was "blown". As a gift to dtel, Groomlake brought a pair of BEC's CP 125's. Again, we offered to pay Groomlake and again he refused the money. Groomlake's reply, "Seeing the look on Buddy's face and the friendship we share is payment enough". Then he added, "Of course the hospitality and food are nice too".

Dtel, Groomlake, Katrina (Groomlake's wife) and I listened to some good music, drank a few Samuel Adams, shared a bottle of wine and ate some down home barbecue.

Groomlake, Katrina, Rachel and Michael, all the dtel's want to thank you.....nuff said!

BTW, for any of you who are still reading this....BEC's CP125s ROCK!!!!!

Marshall is a great guy.
He actually gave me the choice between three Heresy's that I was thinking of buying. It was between Buddy's, a pair that I was initially going to buy from Daddy Dee, or a set that he acquired last week. I ended up going with the last set (check my post in 2 channel) and Marshall really is a great guy I just hope that he gets some chance in the next couple days of driving to check this out.

Women & crying [*-)]. Seriously, Tom said it right, nice to read the good stuff occassionally. Very nice by Grooms & family. Congratulate Buddy for me, i'm sure those will be cherished. You can tell Buddy it took me 45 yrs to get Heresy's; he has better friends than I.

Utter amazing the love in this Forum community! Buddy is one blessed boy to experience such graciousness from Groomlake. I am sure he will understand the magnitude of generosity from Groomlake someday if he hasn't already.

Hats off to Groomlake! Just goes to show you that there is some hope in the world. Take the news media with a grain of salt. It is hyped to get your attention.

I certainly don't want to steal any thunder, but...

A bunch of you folk know that my wife died of melanoma in 2005. Folks on this forum (you know who you are), chipped in and bought me a Merlin tube preamp from Mark, and sent it to me and Barbara. I had it set up in the bedroom, with a modded Dynaco ST-70 and Heresy IIS. Through all of the treatments she went though, being in bed, fading away until she was gone... we had a beautiful system in place, with music to comfort, sooth and take her wherever she wanted to be. God knows we wanted a different outcome, but everyone here was super, and the best support you could want. It is what keeps me coming back, a family that is beyond compare. Any word of thanks just seems shallow, but it is sincere and from the deepest part of me. Thanksgiving of 2005 was just about the last coherent time we had together, as we moved on to Christmas. Thanks to all...you are awesome. Thanks Christy.

Bruce

ps Bob's tweeters ARE wonderful!

I could not begin to list the number of kind Forum members who have picked up gear for me, sold items at reasonable cost, tipped me off to bargains, packed and shipped gear from other sources, made repairs, allowed me to stay in their home, helped me with massive shipments.

But most of all- to the many Forum members who have made my life richer by their visit to the House of Klipsch and their friendship.

Truly I have many brothers (and sisters) from this community.

[{] It's a beautiful thing [}].

Michael

When I find myself bored with stereo stuff I find a thread like this ............. kinda' warms the soul ....... stereo talk gets old after awhile, but deeds like this always reminds me why I stay here at this forum ................... THE GOOD PEOPLE you find here ......... I'm an old fart that doesn't like much, but I like this forum ........... Hats Off to Groomlake, and best of luck to Buddy dtel, your a lucky little guy to be surrounded by such nice folks .............. and Arfandbark ........ I still can't get rid of those cyber-fleas, and by the looks, you sent some to Wuzzer ........... classy guy ...... WOOF !!!!!!!!!

Groomslake seems like a really good guy...there IS a great sense of family on this Forum and I really enjoy that...I have been the receiver of such good will from MANY on this Forum...too many to list...I try to "pay it forward" myself...and why would someone as nice as yourself, who helps out so many be surprised when someone returns that kindness???...glad to hear Buddy is listening to some of the very finest speakers from the Klipsch Family...

Bill