Klipsch Family Spirit

dtel's wife

Groomlake (and family): I am so sorry that I missed your visit to mom and dads. HOWEVER, I will be there this weekend when you come back through. It's always a pleasure to meet such kind, generous folks like you....and of course the bbq is top notch at my parents' house too! I was there most of the day Saturday but had to leave about 30 minutes before you arrived. Hopefully I can coordinate with my mom and we'll meet this weekend.

Buddy: YOU GO BOY!

Mom: I think this goes back to your old saying "Full Circle"....because what goes around comes around. Not just because you are my parents, but because of the kind of people that you are. Everything in life comes back "Full Circle" and you always get what you deserve! In this case, you are getting back just a portion of the goodness that you have shared with everyone else throughout your life.

• Moderators

I would also like to thank Groomlake and very nice family, my workshop never sounded so good.

Buddy has a old RCA (temporary) receiver connected to a CD and DVD and his PlayStation to play through the Heresy's. Every day he is either watching a movie or playing PlayStation through the Heresy's. What surprised me the most is how much music he is listening to, also he is playing more music while he plays his games. He has yet to use the DVD or PlayStation with out the Heresy's, smart kid !

What he did for my grandson and I is very nice, ok crazy, but if you get to know him a little he is a little crazy, not really he is perfectly normal. [:|] [;)].

Like he says " That's not right....on so many levels "

I think that's why he fits in so well on the forum ! The more I get to know him the more I like him and his family.

Thanks Marshal, Katrina, and kids, it was fun having y'all stop by.

This society is so full of greed and selfishness that it's hard for human beings to actually realize that good, honest, caring people really do exist. They tend to be hidden away in forums like this one, but they do exist!

Recently is has come to my attention that my family has grown, unbeknownst to me! Apparently, these newest members have some strange names such as" Colterphoto" and "Groomlake" (and there are others). In all honesty, you have become a part of the family. You guys (and not just colter and groomlake) don't realize just how much of a blessing you are to my parents! They speak highly about you as a group and individually also. And that says alot coming from Dtel, who really doesn't say much at all normally! Often times, I actually hear more about you guys (the members/forum/family/friends) than I do Dtel and Dtels wife's grandchildren!

I hope you all realize just how "special" you really are to them (and to the rest of us Dtel's)!

This is a special place allright!. I live in Holland and I've only met one Klipscher. That was Travis in Austin , Texas. I am looking forward to meeting more of you in person and I am sure I'll go visit Travis again some day. Just as I'm sure you'll find me in Hope, Arkansas (of all places [;)] one day. Thanks for being there as you are and for all the rest. [Y] Tim.

Let me see if I've got this right. I threaten to pound the this jackannapes into the pavement over in General and some mamby, pamby good samartian takes it into his mind to redress this perceived injustice by rewarding the kid with a pair of Heresy's.

I was 57 before I got my first pair of Heresy's and the little heathen is what, seven years old.

You'd better be able to run really fast Buddy 'cause I'm coming after you!

Don't get me wrong fellow Klipschers. I love kids. Why with the right sauce and a good wine.....

[:D][Y]

Congratulations to Buddy. He's one lucky kid and not just for getting his own Heresies. Think of the love of music he is developing growing up - and the exposure and experience of genuine nice people

There are some wonderful people here. I think Dtel's wife once referred to the Forum as one big loving dysfunctional family

Dtel does seem to be a man of few words, but the words he speaks and types are well worth hearing and reading. We all should say so much whilst speaking or typing so little

I've barely met a few of the people here and at the Pilgrimage and everyone has been very nice and always helpful. I've even recently exchanged a few emails with Marshall recently and he is a very genuine nice person. Thank God people like Marshall still exist in this crazy mixed up world

With all the nice things said on this thread, and the stopry to start it off, I cxan't find any words to say thanks for sharing and keep the kindness going. You don't see or hear of this everyday and it should be shared and appreciated on different levels and either side of the coin. [:D]

Am I part of the family yet...eh...eh?

SB

Let me see if I've got this right. I threaten to pound the this jackannapes into the pavement over in General and some mamby, pamby good samartian takes it into his mind to redress this perceived injustice by rewarding the kid with a pair of Heresy's.

I was 57 before I got my first pair of Heresy's and the little heathen is what, seven years old.

You'd better be able to run really fast Buddy 'cause I'm coming after you!

Don't get me wrong fellow Klipschers. I love kids. Why with the right sauce and a good wine.....

==============================================================================

Better watch out Marty...Buddy knows Karate and I've seen some of his moves.

He just might be looking for a new "Punch-n-Bag"; [;)]

JJ

Ok guys....this comment I'm about to share comes from a 6 year old female (the oldest granddaughter of Dtel/Dtel's Wife). She has heard "paw paw's" speakers for years. She has also recently had the experience of witnessing Buddy's bedroom have a pair of Heresy's installed (much thanks and appreciation to Groomlake and his family as already noted in this thread). This 6 year old female, "Allie" doesn't even have a radio or cd player in her room and has just made "the grande announcement" that she "wants Klipsch speakers in her room". This is my daughter, I don't even have speakers in my house MUCH LESS KLIPSCH. The only speakers we have are the ones installed inside the television (unless you count the computer speakers of which we have two pair). I have NEWS FOR HER (since she's reading this as I type)....NO! Not until daddy gets his first pair of Klipsch...then we'll talk again!

We are in the process of "remodeling" (if thats what you want to call it) and don't really have the room for speakers. Couldn't really enjoy them at this point so I'm not even considering getting any. I just thought the comment from my daughter was amazing. I often wondered if kids actually payed attention to stuff like that....guess my question is answered!

My little girl is 6, my dad was never into audio at all other than some cheap all in one systems from the 70's. Spent his money on Weatherby's and wild game hunts. Little by little since she was born I began bit and piecing a Klipsch system for her so she could gain an appreciation of audio and things Klipsch early on. She really loves music!

She is the proud owner of a pair of KG2's, KG1's a KG 2.2V center and a KSW-50 subwoofer. She has an Onkyo SR-502 receiver I got on uBid for $129, a VCR I got free at work, a Pioneer CT-SR88 cassette deck I got as part of another audio deal years ago, and a DBX DX5 CD player. I gave her my older Sega Dreamcast machine, we got an Xbox last year for $50 and she uses it to play her movies and some "E" rated games.

She loves to read and play outside especially in the summer but winter's are long here in VT so she has plenty of things to entertain herself with. I like the movies we pick up for her as well. Loved "Ratatouille", "Meet the Robinson's" and "Shrek the Third" she really likes watching them on the "BIG" stereo as she calls it. She can run it all herself, she just needs a step stool to load the DVD in the main HT.

She loves her movie soundtracks played back on my car system on the way home from daycare. I am sure Buddy is enjoying.

I figure the Weatherby’s have probably gained in value and I bet you’ve heard some great hunting stories. My son is pretty fond of hunting and custom rifles too but I also have him hooked on Klipsch. The KG 2.5s that he keeps up at school have served him well considering he’s been through a couple receivers. He’s also met a good many Forum Members and actually thinks that Klipschsters are pretty cool!