New Look

jcmusic

I dont like it at all... This page is twice as wide as before. I have to scan back and forth to read this @%$*&+$@ darn thing. Why cant you leave things alone. I think i,ll just leave for awhile till some one knows what they are doing.... Its also twice as slow.... What a mess !!!!!!!!

What's with the muted colors? Did they consult with Martha Stewart? I am scrolling more vertically now, not horizontally. Say, Klipsch, the standard is still 800x600, I think. I am at 1024 x 768 on a 19" display so I'm okay, but my laptop may be different. Audiokarma is still way better (and doesn't crash - I wanted to insert a smiley but the popup window with the smiley icons won't open large enough to show them all, so I just skipped being cutesy for once).

I'm not liking it at all. Too much white, then the black screen, then back to white. It makes for a lot of glare with low-level lighting in the evening. It also gives a low-budget look to the forum.

As well, there's no indication of who posted each thread, no indication of how many have viewed each thread, no way to quote someone (that was very useful at times), plus you no longer see "Signed on as", so you have to think twice as to whether you're signed on or not.

This should be the third paragraph. I haven't memorized the new trick, so I'll see if simply using the Enter key will suffice to produce a posting that looks like what I just typed. Oh, this is interesting. Now the field I'm typing in is wider than the window, so some of the letters are off the edge. Has anyone else noticed that the new layout is wider than a 1024x768 screen? See how the left side of the Klipsch logo is off the screen?

The indication of whether a posting appeared yesterday or today was a useful feature that seems to have disappeared, along with the indication of how long ago, in minutes or hours, the entry was posted.

It appears that the number of postings is down. The site is less pleasant to use. It's not an improvement in any way, IMHO. I'm using Internet Explorer, if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Using Shift-Enter does what Shift alone did with the previous-style forum. Two strokes are better than one?

Some improvements

I don't mind the look and the spell check is improved.

But some serious posting issues.

The ability to post a web address as a link is not working still.

More importantly posts are not formatting correctly, paragraphing and line breaks specifically.

I typed this post as 7 lines including 1 paragraph break after the second line. Let's see how it shows up.

Formatting works fine for me (fills the whole screen) with Linux running Firefox on a 15" laptop (1024x768), but navigation is very - no, make that excruciatingly - Slooooow.

I also miss being able to see who started the thread.... No, on second thought, it is crucial to know who started the thread (so I have some idea whether it's worth reading or not - plus it's very difficult to keep track of threads simply by the heading title).

James

Not a big fan of the new look. Too narrow for me -scale should not be static, but dynamic to the size of the browser window like it was in the past, and on most any other forum. Reply window takes too long to load, posting takes too long, and jumping between forums also takes a lot longer. Text also doesn't auto-wrap when it is a long length like a link.

Roll it back.

jheis,

I am using Safari, but I don't think that should be a problem.

How did you quote me?

I don't see a quote button anymore.

I have posted in the DVD section and half of the post I typed did not show up.

I typed this post as 6 sentences with a paragraph break between each sentence as well as between our names.

Let's see how it shows up.

- Jim

"...The ability to post a web address as a link is not working still."

www.oldradiomagic.com

Let's see if this works...

EDIT: If this is what you meant, flannj, the link works for me (I'm using IE7).

OK I found the quote button.

Let's try just a generic web address.

www.amazon.com

Will it show up as a link?

I typed this as 5 separate sentences double spaced.

Including my name.

- Jim