Subwoofer placement help

Kain

If I were you , I would design and build a new TV stand / Audio Rack , with the subwoofer built in. If your'e clever you could come up with quite a bit of air space below and behind the tv , with maybe a nice shelf above for the center channel .If you DIY the possibilities are endless. It would not be that hard to do , it would be in a prime location , and it will probably perform better than most of the commercial subs depending on how well you design it. I'm no expert , but thats my 2cents for what its worth.

If I were to place the subwoofer where the plant is and have it facing the front of the room (subwoofer driver points towards the plasma TV), will the sofa in front of it cause and problems? Meaning, will the sofa along the side wall (where the curtain is) degrade the sound in any way?

I like Dr. Whos first suggestion because it's very similar to what I did. I have similar dimensions of 12.5' wide by 24' long with an adjoining 16' long garage. You're going to want to spread those RF-7's as far apart as possible so that bookcase will have to be moved. I have a massive subwoofer so my placement options were very limited and I tend to like my sub drivers in line with the front stage. People have commented (online) about the sub and rack blocking my mains/center but I think it just looks that way, I get really good performance out of my speakers and the 2500 watts (potential) that is on tap. My couch positioning is flexible too, many positions available in under a minute (sliders on couches).

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like Dr. Whos first suggestion because it's very similar to what I did. I have similar dimensions of 12.5' wide by 24' long with an adjoining 16' long garage. You're going to want to spread those RF-7's as far apart as possible so that bookcase will have to be moved. I have a massive subwoofer so my placement options were very limited and I tend to like my sub drivers in line with the front stage. People have commented (online) about the sub and rack blocking my mains/center but I think it just looks that way, I get really good performance out of my speakers and the 2500 watts (potential) that is on tap. My couch positioning is flexible too, many positions available in under a minute (sliders on couches).

6zli1d.jpg

do5rav.jpg

Now yer just showin' off...

Seriously, that is a gorgeous setup! Is that an Epik Conquest sub? SWEET~