Klipsch "Compatibility" Question

Dahgu

Hi all. I have a silly question.

I currently have 4 RF-83s setup with a RC-64 and RT-10D sub. However, I've been "instructed", by the lady of the house, that the theatre/TV room is moving to a smaller room in the house. I can't use the RF-83s, and possibly everything else. After snooping the Klipsch site, I see things in the XF/XL line, and other L/C/R speakers, that might get approval in the smaller room. I have given thought to possibly re-using the RC-64 and RT-10D (if I can find room for it), but am worried about mixing systems.

Do any of you have thoughts on mixing RF/RC/RTs with XF/XL (L/C/R)?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Hi all. I have a silly question.

I currently have 4 RF-83s setup with a RC-64 and RT-10D sub. However, I've been "instructed", by the lady of the house, that the theatre/TV room is moving to a smaller room in the house. I can't use the RF-83s, and possibly everything else. After snooping the Klipsch site, I see things in the XF/XL line, and other L/C/R speakers, that might get approval in the smaller room. I have given thought to possibly re-using the RC-64 and RT-10D (if I can find room for it), but am worried about mixing systems.

Do any of you have thoughts on mixing RF/RC/RTs with XF/XL (L/C/R)?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Sounds like you have a similar problem to what I am facing. Have you thought of IW solutions? see... http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/97750.aspx

The problem with RF-83's and RC 63's are that you would like to have 12 feet or more of distance for the speakers to sum. Short of this dimension the array is too tall in ratio to your distance and the EQ isn't aligned due to proximity effect. It will still sound good, just not optimized.

Thanks for the info. After more consideration and snooping speakers (can't do in-wall in the front BOO), I've found a solution from Paradigm that will fit the lady's requirements and still sound good enough for now. Once I finish the basement (been saying that for 4 years!), I'll get a big system setup once again.

Even though I love the system I have, I am going to sell them to subsidize the cost of the new gear. I'll be posting something in the Garage Sale forum soon. I also have them posted on Craig's List and will entertain any fair offers, even for pieces of the system. BOO HOO! :D

Fire me a PM if you're interested, and thanks again!

First off, MAN UP. Tell the wife who is boss. Tell her she goes before your speakers. OK, in the real world,,, just get more Klipsch. You will be happier in the long run. If your not going to buy Klipsch then just don't buy at all. Just save for a purchase later.....:) Oh, and I'm not biased just because Amy sends me free speakers and subs to check out.[:D]

As a retired USN LTCDR, all I ever got was a boat that could do 48 knots with a range of 240 nautical miles. Currently I own a pair of RC-52's with an RC-10 center channel, cool considering I am 7' from the tv. I also own a pair of Heresy II's I purchased back in 1985, and for some crazy reason, I miss hearing them. I understand that time doesn't stand still and the Reference series is the future of Klipsch, but they just don't have the same sound. I bought the RC-10 because my room is so darn small, I live in a city where space is at a premium.

Should I sell the RF's or just suck it up and get used to them, they are good technology. I remember when I was issued my first M-16, prior to Lebanon, on shore leave I bought a Galil, which served me well for over 20 years, so I am not adverse to shifting paradigms when practical. Maybe it just takes some getting used to ?