Call of Duty 4

damonrpayne

• 2 weeks later...

This game is a "Must Purchase" title. I just picked up the PS3 over Thanksgiving, and started COD4 this past weekend. It is unbelievable. I cannot compare it to the other games you mentioned, because I mainly liked driving/racing games on the PS2. The graphics are spectacular (1080i) for me (component connection). The sound is out of this world, in 7.1. The use of the surround back and sides is awesome, and the overall sound is exceptionally well done. The story line is immersive and addicting. I was playing last night, and then had to put on my wireless headphones, as everyone else in the family had gone to bed - next thing I knew it was 11:30 pm, I had flown in helicopters, launched assaults, shot about every weapon I could think of, and been part of a nuclear explosion ( of which I did not survive.) Learning the controls was not hard at all, as that was one of my biggest concerns. I don't usually have large chunks of time to devote to gaming, but this game is simply incredible and well worth the time and expense.

I was floored by the level of realism and engaging storyline in this game. I do not believe you would be disappointed in it.

That was a KILLER game. I've already finished the single player campaign. [:'(]. I'm crying because I wish there was more!

I put in Rainbow 6 Las Vegas after playing COD4.... I was blown away at how lack luster the graphics looked in Vegas compared to COD4. No comparison. COD4 was in a league all by itself.

• 2 weeks later...

DrPayne,

I'll keep a lookout for you. I just finished the single player a few nights ago, and played online for the first time. It was a lot of fun, but I got my a-s handed to me on more than one occaison! I increased my rank some, but where do these people get the cammo? Anyway, you can shoot my lights out by looking for huntmoney1.

That was a KILLER game. I've already finished the single player campaign. [:'(]. I'm crying because I wish there was more!

I put in Rainbow 6 Las Vegas after playing COD4.... I was blown away at how lack luster the graphics looked in Vegas compared to COD4. No comparison. COD4 was in a league all by itself.

I'm assuming you got it for the PS3. Is it the same as the 360 where you have EASY, NORMAL, HARD and VETERAN mode? I'm freakin trying to finish the game and I only have the Epilogue (Hijacking Rescue Mission/Mile High Club) in VETERAN to finish (and the 30 intels which is the easy part).

I've been trying for days! lol

Watch the Mile High Club on Youtube to figure out ways to beat the last level. It really isnt that hard on Veteran once you realize that you need to duck. I keptrunning through the thing and standing up the whole time and only ducking from time to time. Really, you need to duck 90% of the time and then get up and sprint only for short periods of time. Also, dont shoot the guy holding the hostage in the leg. That works just fine in every level but Veteran. If you shoot in the leg in the Veteran difficulty it automatically stops and tells you that "real veterans go for headshots and not flesh wounds, the hostage has been killed". Anyhow, Ive got it on Xbox 360. Viral Chaos

I also have a ps3 "viral_chaos"....Dont have COD4 on PS3 though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming you got it for the PS3.

Nope, i'm on the 360. [H]

• 2 weeks later...

I just assumed that they connected to INET servers people set up like the other on-line games.

I'll let you know once I get a copy. I am so far behind on my winter projects. I have also been spending way too much time playing Enemy Territory. There is just so much you can do on that game, it never gets boring.

JM

• 3 weeks later...