APC power conditioner

Rsoxfan

I've had an APC UPS for several years; no problems whatsoever. I like it because it provides a real sinewave output. I'm not certain whether, by "power conditioner", you mean the same thing as "uninterruptible power supply".

A few years ago I was in the local "Batteries R Us" store and saw a big pile of APC power supplies in the corner, $10/each (without batteries). I asked the clerk to explain, and he said that many people bring in their UPS when the batteries die, and when they find out the cost of replacement batteries they say, "No, thanks, I'll buy a new one," and leave the UPS behind. So you might be able to pick up a used one for a song. Then go someplace like "http://www.batterystation.com/ups.htm" for replacement batteries, and you're in business.

I have an APC UPS I use with my home theater system. The issue I've had is it doesn't have enough reserve to cover the total requirements of the system (600 watts max, but my Sunfire Ultimate Receiver will pull way more than that at performance levels). I recommend you get one that will cover total requirements, and it won't be ccheap.....may also require a hospital grade outlet on a dedicaed 20 amp service if you run enough equipment from it...things to consider.

Also, APC offers a trade-in option for later upgrade that is pretty sweet; like half off a new UPS within a couple of models of the one you're trading in. Check it out on their website, www.apc.com

What i'm looking at is a surge protector/ line conditioner/ automatic voltage regulator.. doesn't have a back-up...

looked at the ones that did...decided there out of my price range..

APC H10blk is what i'm probably gonna go with...

Your receiver draws 500VA at max power. It will draw more than that briefly upon first turn on. All you need to figure is the consumption of the rest of the equipment you will be plugging into the APC H10. The VA rating usally will be on the UL label near the power cord or in your owners manual.

What i'm looking at is a surge protector/ line conditioner/ automatic voltage regulator.. doesn't have a back-up...

looked at the ones that did...decided there out of my price range..

APC H10blk is what i'm probably gonna go with...

Your receiver draws 500VA at max power. It will draw more than that briefly upon first turn on. All you need to figure is the consumption of the rest of the equipment you will be plugging into the APC H10. The VA rating usally will be on the UL label near the power cord or in your owners manual.

well what are you waiting for.....let me know when you got it figured out........JK[:)]

thanks