How do I use the same speakers for 2ch audio and Home Theater?

Hofy

My main speakers are a set of KG 5.5 and I would like to use them for Home Theater with a receiver and for 2 channel audio with a tube amp.

Is there any way to do this? Space doesnt allow me to use 2 sets of main speakers. (Also, money doenst. )

I and many others here use the Niles switch box (model DPS-1 I think). It runs about $90 but is well built, works great and is fairly small. You hook up your speakers to the box along with both amps. Push the button to switch amps. I'll dig out a link for you.

I use the Niles Spk -1 ( http://www.4electronicwarehouse.com/products/niles/spk-1.html ) because it is 12 vdc triggered and have it plumbed so that when I turn on my pre-amp it switches and then I turn on the amp. This gives me peace of mind that the delay time allows it to switch before the amp comes up. When pre-amp is powered down, the 12 vdc is removed and the mains switch back to the AVR. With no triggering available on older preamps simply plug a suitable 12 vdc power wart into the switched outlet of the controlling unit. When time allows I will connect it to my AVR on trigger 2 and with an activity programmed via the Harmony 880 I can leave TV on or off (muted) as I like while listening to the stereo. I just got a IPC-6 that I will try out as well for current sensing switching. I also like the Niles AC-3 for cheap reliable triggered power turn ons.

If $90-$100 is more than you intended to spend, I believe Radio Shack sells a plastic cased version for about $20. I'm guessing most folks wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind a/b test. You could also call Parts Express and ask if they sell one.