Klipschorn

John Warren

AJ-

The C15W fits without removing the magnet cover and yes, absolutely, I've tried them in Klipschorns. Unfortunately I've also trashed them by pushing too hard. Voive coil rubs on both. They did the job though, albeit a tad shy on the LF.

I recall posting (on this board) a photo of a C15W in a Klipschorn many years ago.

jw

that's a bummer on the voice coil rubbing part, and great that it fits..i know how much you like that woofer. may have to try that too, gotta get mine out of storage..and tnx for the warning. i'll try not to push them too hard. fifty watters, if i recall correctly?

The coils are rated for 50Ws but, in my case, the failures were mechanical. Both failed by a crack in the glue joint between the bobbin-to-cone. The cracks didn't grow very much beyond say ~1/4 of the circumference of the joint and I suspect a patch of some sorts would likely save them.

If Bobs' still sourcing the K33E replacement, I might give a pair of them a try.

jw

Hello Bruce-

The old forum software allowed for multiple figures in a single post. Haven't figured out how to do that here(?).

I've spent the last two years (or so) working a non-audio related project (and thanks for asking!). That is now complete.

I did get a new computer, a Core 2 machine.

jw

Hey, John, Claude Jodoin here. I built your Xovers to go with my 2404H's on my LaScalas/MWM bottoms. Love the sound, high end detail to the max., so thanks for that article.

I ended up at -2 db with the resistors which are Radios Schack wirewound, any anomalies with micro inductances I should atch out for??