Comparison of RF-7's and RF-83's

zuzu

Are you near Rutgers NJ? Another forum member has RF-83s and is looking at Heresy's perhaps you could contact him for a listen. Selecting speakers is difficult obviously since the room that they are in can have such an impact on the sound, have you been out to a dealer to take a listen to the RF-83s yet?

Thanks for your comments. The reason for my question!! My brother has been listening to my system(s) for 30 years. I have made some recent improvements that I think really caught his attention and now he has started down the slippery path to improve his system. He loves my RF-7's as do I. Having never heard the 83's I asked the question for him. [MY RF-7s are going nowhere! ] So based on everything, price a consideration, I will recommend the RF-7's to him, giving all the feedback you gave me. I have made some serious tweaks to my system. I cannot believe the RF-7's had what I am now hearing, in them. I'll post that separately. Stay tuned. Thanks for the help once again.

As already posted the new lineup has a much nicer/smoother midrange that just flows. When I first heard the 83's in passing, I was impressed at how easy the sound was being reproduced. However, they do lack the wow factor ther older lineup had. Its almost an apple to oranges comparison since one set has a feature the other doesn't' have.

That's where the better networks come into play.

As already posted the new lineup has a much nicer/smoother midrange that just flows. When I first heard the 83's in passing, I was impressed at how easy the sound was being reproduced. However, they do lack the wow factor ther older lineup had. Its almost an apple to oranges comparison since one set has a feature the other doesn't' have.

I had both in my house,the 83's/64 for a few months.I can't say anything bad about the 83's,they sounded very nice.On the other hand I can't say enough about the 7's,just a fantastic speaker for the money.I don't think anyone has ever heard their full potential.I sold the 83's for a steal to a member,the 7's remain,having stayed through many shoot-outs with various makers and other Klipsch.