The world's number one audiophile...

jt1stcav

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Takes all sorts to make the world go round. Some people hoard speakers by the truck load and hide them away in barns. seems to me this guy has a dedication more to the music, than just hoarding for the sake of it.

I would certainly be interested in his lack of anything Klipsch. Maybe horns do nothing for him, maybe he has better taste. I for one can't comment, maybe he can and will.

It's easy to be stylish when you have buckets of money. Mr. Li is an example of how the changing Chinese economy has enabled a number of people to become really, really, rich, while the number of really poor is slowly shrinking as well. All that money from Wal-Mart and all the other marketers of Chinese goods that's flowing in is starting to show some effects.

Seriously, though, this guy is no miser. His seven-storey house (warehouse/factory?) must have cost a pretty penny, plus he's clearly made at least one and possibly several audio dealers rich. He seems to really enjoy his hobby and likes sharing it with his community as well as curious folk from the media.

Money is only useful or beneficial when you spend it, and Mr. Li seems happy to spend his. In his entrepreneurial culture, his success will inspire others to try harder, and isn't being a "go-getter" something Americans look up to, just as much as Chinese do?

His "audio palace" may be a work in progress in certain rooms, but isn't any system that way most of the time?

I tend to agree with Pat...Mr. Li seems very happy indeed and enjoys having visitors over to experience fine music on exceptional equipment. This is obviously his passion, as extreme as it is, as much as it is for those who collect antique cars, wristwatches and clocks, or German Hummel porcelain figurines in excess (he can simply afford to go whole-hog is all)!

I commend him for his achievements and for his graciousness, even if he doesn't own any Klipsch, pCATs, or VRDs (it is mentioned that he does own Altec Lansing Voice of the Theatre loudspeakers and I think Westlake Audio(?) IIRC).

post-11084-13819354255668_thumb.jpg

No disrespect to Mr. Clapton...although he has sold his Black Beauty to Guitar Center and concertizes to raise funds for his clinic in the tropics, I don't know if even Eric himself would be as generous as the esteemed Mr. Li (or could afford to be for that matter).

MaxG, I wonder what your audiophile friends in Athens would think of Li's rigs and music collection...

Gotta say I am with Jackson on this one. Judging entirely from the report I woud guess this man is enjoying his life rather nicely and is spending his money as he sees fit. I'd also hazard a guess that whatever he has spent on his hobby is probably a small part of his total wealth - so why not?? PS - apologies for the lack of layout in this post - the system is playing up and I can't seem to make paragraphs. As for what ACA members will make of it - we will see - I have posted a link on the forum there.

I bet if he were a white american that no one would have any qualms about his speaker affection. I find it hilarious some bring up the fact he lives in China and such, what can only Americans have nice things? The man likes nice stuff and lives how he wants to, I find it absolutely humourous that the conservative people on this forum mock him... be a true conservative and leave the man alone to do what he wants with his life, bringing in a drug dealer notion and the likes, grow up.

You imply he is a drug dealer. Is that a compliment in your world? Seems hostile in my book, like most of your posts do.

I asked two questions... no implications at all. It's also called A JOKE... grow a sense of humor please. You take it as hostile - paranoid much? As for what posts seem like... well - so be it. Perception issue. Better than inane, sidetracked rambling. You must have missed where I already explained this in the defective speakers thread. What I find hostile is you mis-quoting me in that thread... tsk tsk.

I find it hilarious some bring up the fact he lives in China and such, what can only Americans have nice things?

Strange observation Jay -- I think there was only one post about that, and it was in the context of China's changing economy.

It's cool, but kind of weird too, and it DOES make you wonder where all the money comes from -- we're talking about a serious amount of money here.

I bet if he were a white american that no one would have any qualms about his speaker affection. I find it hilarious some bring up the fact he lives in China and such, what can only Americans have nice things? The man likes nice stuff and lives how he wants to, I find it absolutely humourous that the conservative people on this forum mock him... be a true conservative and leave the man alone to do what he wants with his life, bringing in a drug dealer notion and the likes, grow up.

Conservatives??? I'm confused by this statement.

BTW - I have no qualms about his speaker affection and I'm pretty conservative. I guess I just don't understand your thinking sometimes my young friend.