The world's number one audiophile...

jt1stcav

it DOES make you wonder where all the money comes from -- we're talking about a serious amount of money here.

Maybe he owns one of the factories that is pumping out US goods that we were discussing in that other thread...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bet if he were a white american that no one would have any qualms about his speaker affection. I find it hilarious some bring up the fact he lives in China and such, what can only Americans have nice things? The man likes nice stuff and lives how he wants to, I find it absolutely humourous that the conservative people on this forum mock him... be a true conservative and leave the man alone to do what he wants with his life, bringing in a drug dealer notion and the likes, grow up.

Conservatives??? I'm confused by this statement.

BTW - I have no qualms about his speaker affection and I'm pretty conservative. I guess I just don't understand your thinking sometimes my young friend.

Let me clarify myself on this. I am not saying conservative in the measure of religious. I was mentioning that because many of the people that brought the issue of china seem generally conservative or right winger. It was not directed at you specifically or conservatives in general but to some that brought the issue with china and somehow i was under the impression that the person who brought the notion of china/us economy made me feel that somehow that man was at fault for americans losing jobs, etc.

• Moderators

He could be taking jobs from the US, but is that his fault if he is, he is not the one who set up the worlds trade agreement and the labor/living prices around the world. Excluding slave labor or governments running a business to drive out competitors to corner a market any business owner does whatever they can to succeed

How could anyone blame someone for having a successful business, if the business happens to be in China or anywhere else in the world.

Any business is taking jobs from some other business or country somewhere.

This is not meant as a political statement, just a general idea.

Why would a legitimate business in China or anywhere be at blame if the cost of labor/living is lower there.

If this post was a problem please delete, it was not posted to start a fight or debate, thanks.

I didn't expect this thread to sidetrack into a debate on where he comes from or how he obtained his wealth (but I can understand being curious). Let's not go that route and possibly have this thread closed.

Regardless, I just thought the story was interesting in the fact that this one man has a building full of high-end audio equipment and probably one of the largest music collections anywhere in the world, and that he opens his doors to anyone with an interest in experiencing realistic sound reproduction from multiple world-class setups!

Jacksonbart.....would you or would you NOT agree that while Mr. Li certainly knows his audio equipment and obviously has great taste when it comes to music, that the man TOTALLY SUCKS when it comes to picking out carpet??? Tom

I concur, I could pickout better carpet to tie those rooms together.

His system does seem rather excessive....
But, I would venture to say that most of the world would probably consider our level of expenses and time committed to this hobby to also be rather excessive....

Paul

Amen, I know I have quite a few friends who think I'm a nut with this stereo stuff.

I think the coolest thing he has done is set up an audio cafe at another location where people can come in,hang out, and discover good gear and good music. What a great idea and a wonderful way to share his passion.

It was such a good idea I was thinking maybe we should all toss in some money in and open up a chain of Klipschbucks coffee and stereo emporiums. Then I discarded the idea because there would be a constant fight over what music to play next so we'd end up having to pay for bouncers.

Regardless of how Mr Li has been able to fund his passion, and we always seem to assume the worst... this is one amazing collection and the cafe open to the public is way cool....

maybe he'll get some of the Pallasium P39-F when they come out as Klipschorns probably are too affordable?

maybe he's just a guy who's done well who loves to share his passion with anyone willing to take the time - pretty much opens his home to complete strangers

Thebes - if not Klipschbucks, then maybe go with the House of Thebes - recorded music when no live band, sound system totally Klipsch, music selection by Thebes ... "The House Of Thebes - We'll play anything that Thebe's wants - Don't like it, don't let the door smack you #&@ on the way out"