I think I'm content.

arfandbark

Maybe it doesn't take much to please me....

My primary system:

Adcom GTP400 for a pre amp

Jheis's Optonica 4405 tuner(thank you)

Nakamichi CDC 200 CD changer

Crown PS400

Klipsch Cornwalls '76 vintage with BEC crossovers

DBX 120X (exactly what I was looking for. big bass at low volume)

Cheap Audioquest I/Cs and speaker wire

My son's audio setup:

Harman Kardon 930 for pre amp and tuner

Crown PS 400

Nakamichi CDC 200 CD changer

Klipsch Heresy II OO cane grilles(thank you HarryO)

My back up stereo:

Sansui G-7700 in Rosewood

Polk Monitor 10s in Rosewood

Polk Monitor 7s in Rosewood(soon)

Denon CD player

My basement system:

Harman Kardon 930

Infinity RS5Bs

Luxman CD player

........I've gotta quit hanging around with you guys............

Sounds like it, this morning I just bought a pair of RB51's to go with my RF-52's and RC-52, I won't go into power or how I'm driving my receiver (spdif from computer). This Klipsch thing is like chasing the dragon, you never catch it, but you come close.

My system is in a 12x8x10 room, my computer/tv room, I still have my old Heresy II's, just hanging around (22 years old), but I swore that after the RF-52's that was it, then came the RC-52 and that was it, now the RB-51's and that better be it. I drive the whole thing through my computer, so I have close to 2TB of storage for digital media. I use a Dell Dimension E-521 with an AMD 4800+ X2 processor, 3 GB or RAM and 750 MB of storage (it's BIOS limit). This machine Has a Soundblaster X-Fi Audio Extreme card, to which a digital IO module is connected, which in turn connects to my Yamaha RX-V661, through a spdif cable. I have a Linux server I built, running Samba which is where I store most of my media, it has 1.2TB of storage, both are hardwired into a 1GB hub. I am seriously contemplating a 1080p tv. My Doc says I'm fine, but I must need a brain checkup.

This Klipsh culture, which of course is motivated by truly superior sound and spatial orientation can be as addictive as gambling. Crazy thing is; The more you put in, the more you get out. Personally I love the Reference series stuff for my little sound room, way more than my Heresy II's (saying that will get me kicked off this forum (Heresy to the Heresy)). Never in my life did I think that I would have a 5 speaker sound system...now about that subwoofer.... :)

If I were married I'd have been killed by now.. My GF is from Indiana, but somehow that just doesn't do it for her.

Good luck...it's always something...

What a danged minute, NO Mach 1's listed ? Too ashamed to mention them ? You and your dam cyber-fleas !!!!!!!!! Can't get rid of the dam things ... Blame HarryO ........... he's a bad influence .............. EH !!!!!!!!! ....................Big Smile

OB, The Mach 1's are owned by a friend. He didn't want to spend the extra coin to have Heresy II's, therefore the Mighty Mach purchase.

I tell him they sound just like HII's and he's happy. They do, after all, don't they? (insert wink)

It's good that you and I are getting along. I have an infestation of cyber-tapeworms for the next person that bunches my panties.(wink again)

HarryO is the Baskin Robbins shoppe of stereo equipment for me. Over the past four years I have purchased 8 pair of speakers, 4 amps, 3 CD players and at least 2 receivers from him. That's off the top of my head.... I'm sure I've missed a few items.

A bad influence? If I had a wife I'd say definately! Such is not the case, however. And I do enjoy having all the differant "flavors" of sound I have received from him.

Carl I,m not content with your contentment...Dogs are content,,Cows are content. The itch will come back i guarantee it.

Ah, Maron......you know that a gear or funding source could go a long way towards making my itch flare up........[*-)]

Tubes are back on the top end with the Khorns.

Carl.

P.S. You should really see the new TV. It is really something..

I am very happy with my 2-ch rig (see sig) which hasn't changed in about 20 months, except for swapping the DL-103 for a DL-103R last month (which I love, btw!). However, I think it's safe to say I won't be content until I have a pair of Jubes in my living room. This won't happen until my next home though... this one just doesn't have the room for them.

Mike

I'm content until the voices start ......(Cornwalls, no tube CD player, no Heresy II's to finish off Home theatre, ..... no wait, a cambrige Audio CD player, damn voices, no buy those Forte II's .... new DVD's, no new CD's) ...... See what I mean ..... EVIL HOBBY EVIL ..............

ARF, must be the cyber-fleas don't like snow, took them outside and they froze ................ [:D]

Not only am I content, I am delighted! After many years of gathering up all the 'stuff' that makes up my system, this past year I finished my extensive mods to my Klipschorns and did a lot of 'room treatments.' The results are more than good... to my tired old ears, the results are great.

Last Friday. the UPS guy showed up with the latest 2-LP album from Diana Krall (her "best of" record). Although I have most of these tunes on CD, the LP delivered a reality that I simply could not believe. Having Diana "lick my ears" over and over for the past few days through this - my "completed" - system, made me realize (maybe for the first time) that I am, indeed content!

Now, here's hoping nothing breaks!

Rob

PS: I find that I'm listening more, too... maybe it's just that the toobz make the room nice and toasty!