Taverna open for business again....

maxg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello friends, i brought a mixed case of pinot noirs from the williamette valley as a reopening gift. i myself will sample the local wine. i had a 6 hour layover in nyc, so i took a cab to the village and stopped by..........

http://www.murrayscheese.com/murrays_giftguide.pdf

i brought a fine array to sample for everyone. cheers!

i offer a toast for all to have a safe and happy holiday season!

• Moderators

No! no! ..Its my wife thats double jointed.....Shes great at a party,,,You ought to see her down a couple of glasses (16oz) of Vodka with a bite of horseraddish...as a chaser.. She,s a great pole dancer....I hope you have one installed on your bar.

Did anyone remember to bring a video camera?

• Moderators

I think I'll have this *** cart from Travis done in a few moments - anyone know the tracking weight - I'll try it around 1.9 for now and we'll see how it stands.

Max,

The spec on that great cartridge are below. 1.9 should be fine, but try in at 2.0 and 2.1 just for grins.

Where is the wood? I need to get the pit going so the lamp will be ready. It has been marinating for 12 hours. Where is the spit, I need to get this baby tied to some iron so we can get him spinning.

Travis

Specifications

Design:
Yokeless double-ring magnet musically natural MC cartridge

Physical:
Body: Aluminium, resonance controlled
Cantilever: 0.3mm diameter solid boron
Stylus: PA (3 x 30um), solid diamond
Core/coils: High grade permalloy square core with pure silver coils
Magnet: Neodymium (rear) & Samarium cobalt (front)
Weight: 7.8g

Electrical:
Output voltage: 0.4mV (3.54cm/sec, 1kHz)
Internal impedance: 7 ohms
Frequency response: 10Hz - 20kHz +1.5dB / 20Hz - 40kHz +2dB
Channel seperation: > 27dB, 200Hz - 1kHz
Channel balance: < 0.5dB, 1kHz
Dynamic:
Tracking ability at 315Hz at the tracking force of 2g: > 70um
Dynamic compliance: 12 x 10 to the minus 6cm/dyne

If my wife calls I'm not here.

The very first order of business when setting yourself up at a new bar.

Max, humor Travis. It's a Texas thing. The Greeks have only been barbequing lamb for what, about 4500 years?

Texans really do think that the world didn't exist before Sam Houston took his army over the river (Pecos?) against Santa Anna. [:D]

Things are starting to percolate a bit more now and I'm getting over the way Gretchen me down to size (Ah, those Teutonic Titwillows, sigh).

Throw some Concrete Blonde on will you?

No! no! ..Its my wife thats double jointed.....Shes great at a party,,,You ought to see her down a couple of glasses (16oz) of Vodka with a bite of horseraddish...as a chaser.. She,s a great pole dancer....I hope you have one installed on your bar.

Did anyone remember to bring a video camera?

Don't worry, I have a photogenic mammary.

"I need to get the pit going so the lamp will be ready."

I think you mean you need to get a spit going so the lamb will be ready.

Better get someone to help you there - looks like you've had one to many to be trusted marinading the electircal stuff....

Good Job Michael brought some speakers - we were without any and nobody noticed - must be why we got so few complaints about the music.

Anyone got anything else to contribute - the Rolling Stones album is getting a bit worn...

Johnny Lang or John Lee Hooker.....after the Stones please.

I smell smoke.....hey someone keep an eye on the drunken lawyer....the lamp is burning!

I can offer my tubed Harmon Kardon to power those Cornwalls.

To drink....how about three fingers of that Dalmore Cigar Malt up on the top shelf.....want to join me Gretchen?

I guess its just the two of us.....wusses all for breaking up the party before sunrise. Marty has left the Chuck Brown cd on auto repeat and this must be the tenth spin. Guess we should go sleep it off and get ready for tommorow night. So its off I go.....wait...not so fast...where did she come from.....a real beauty of tender years....a bit more Sicilian than Greek.....and those eyes.....and lips..................

• Moderators

Ok what time is it, about 9 P.M.? I have been drinking for about 12 hours straigh out back.

THE LAMB IS NOW READY!!!!!! COME AND GET IT!!!!!!

Gosh, someone get Maron up off the floor. Anyone seen Tarheel, he was supposed to help with his BBQ experience but I have not seen hide nor hare from him.

Ok, after you guys flip over this you are going to want to know how I did it, so I have pictures here to show you so I don't have to go through the story a 100 times.

Here is what we started out with, a nice fresh farm raised lamb.

post-15134-13819354363614_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Next we had to get something to use as a pit. Max, I didn't want to disturb you while you were cussing at that turntable, but I hope you were not using this big stainless steel table in the kitchen, so I moved it out back.

I couldn't find any wood anywhere, at least nothing that looked like oak anyway, so I settled for going to the local Greek equiv. of HEB and got 6 bags of charcol.

post-15134-13819354363774_thumb.jpg