Taverna open for business again....

maxg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well excellent work Travis - this is very like the Greek lamb - but there is about a kilo of Garlic less.

Chris Rhea hit the TT a while back and went down a storm - thought I might put on Marvin Gaye - "What's going on?" next - its a bit more relaxing to eat by.

By crikey those old Cornwalls can play too cant they - superb match for the Marantz.

OK folks - I'm calling happy hour - delirious in some cases - all drinks half price except the house wine which is now free.

We have a selection of cigars at the bar if anyone is keen after eating - oh - and you can smoke them indoors - this is Greece - you can smoke in a maternity ward if you want - many of the babies do....

Nine hours later I am back. Her name is Gabriella. She quietly slipped from beneath the sheets, kissing my cheek and giving me a gentle squeeze. Tired, hungover, yet invigorated I dressed and made my way back to the bar. A portion of the lamb was still resting on the spit over warm coals and I helped myself. Travis must be part Greek. I finished my beer and went off to search for Gabriella.....

I hear you, I am the same way. I don't have any at the moment but if and when a party comes everyone knows that I will have cigars to hand out. It's kind of funny that way, at the party I see someone and we go thru the usual hello then they ask if I have any cigars.

James

Yes - sorry about that Maron. You passed out having consumed about $1,276.78 of booze, cigars and a few other bits we wont mention.

Anyway - we went though your pockets and you had $3.24, 2 chewing gums, one out of date condom and a bit of string. This nice Greek guy (Markos something ) was sailing for the Orient and the chinese ship he was on was a bit short handed - so he settled your bill and took you off. Hope you like Macau - please don't be a stranger when you get back.

Oh - and if anyone suggests you step into the barrel on the poop deck - I wouldn't if I were you - one day we'll tell you how it got its name.

Is this a virtual bar or for real? Sorry, I'm definately out of the loop. Where are you located? Joey from Nashville

www.wrlt.com

Well that may raise the whole issue of just what is reality. Solving that riddle has costs thousands of people their lives, their loves and their livers over the years.

I guess I have to say is that from time to time the folks get a hankerin for a trip to a warmer clime, a drink or two, always some good mood dependent tunesand a little sexual tension.

Because I am dating some very hot, but troublesome, Twins in their late 20's (slap, ow that hurts Tawny!), er, um early 20's, I get to provide the sexual tension

At those times Max wipes a rag across the bar and opens up for business.

Here's where it all started:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/52229.aspx?PageIndex=1

Here's a very nice picture of the outside of Max's Taverna.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/79350/793621.aspx#793621

By the way I would be remiss in not complimenting Travis on that excellent lamb. It went very well with the brazilian jazz somebody threw on.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Thebes. Ah - the good old days. Actually the taverna started even earlier than that - its referenced in the first line of that thread - but I guess the original is long since lost.

For those that do not know this bar is as real and physical as the twins themselves. Make of that what you will....

Wow Max, that house wine is something else. I woke up this morning, three days later, with two fine looking girls. They said that we were partying all day long, too bad I don't remember I hope I took pictures. But I did find my way back so set me up with todays special and a cigar and let the party start all over again. So what's that playing on the Corns????

James