Got questions about Palladiums?

damonrpayne

(x-post from General)

I might know someone who's in a position to ask a lot of questions directly to the engineers about the upcoming Klipsch Palladium series. If you have questions about these curvy beauties, I'll to see that they get asked and hopefully answered. Frequency response, efficiency, etc. are on the list already obviously.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"might" know someone - lol

How about their impressions about a comparison between the Palladium and the Khorn or Jubilee.

I'm kinda curious about that new cone-loaded midrange horn thing they got going on too. What's the advantage of going with a cone instead of a compression driver?

Like Doc says... impressions of how Palladium compares to Khorn and Jubilee.

And definitely that "new cone-loaded midrange horn thing" that I think the press release describes as an inverted dome... http://www.klipsch.com/news-center/press-releases/details/klipsch-palladium-floorstander-a-symbol-of-supreme-luxury.aspx ... what are the advantages and tradeoffs in using the new midrange driver and horn? Does it allow for a narrower horn than the more standard Klipsch compression driver and horn?

When can we hear them?

I'm about to crash and I've been up for so long I have a serious case of The Stupids.

I have a podcast I will be posting as soon as may be, a 3 way conversation between myself and the very excellent Product Manager and Acoustic Engineer who worked on the Palladium. Most of the information you seek will be in this interview...

I listened to the 60th anniversery K-horn and P-39F back to back in the same room, same gear, same music. They were not set up in the exact same positions, on Jim Garret's advice the P-39F should not be placed as far apart as the k-horn. My quick opinions (which I'm sure will not increase my popularity here) after very limited listening:

• P-39F has the most amazingly smooth/clean mid range, has to be heard to be appreciated. A different mid range than the heritage sound, I think it's more "real". I hate the ridiculous terms audio reviewers use so I will say more after I consult the thesaurus.
  • All other things being equal I would take the Palladium over the 60th anniversery k-horn without furthur thought
  • $15,000 MSRP means all other things are not equal.
  • Doing a back to back comparison with big Heritage will not be a common experience. Everyone at Klipsch is excited about the Palladium for good reason

All the tech specs are in the podcast, I will have it mixed asap and posted as soon as it's approved. Too sleepy....

Damon's been here all day...he's currently chatting behind me with Keith (PR) and Mark Kauffman... I think he's had a pretty good day Smile It's been a pleasure having him here with us!

He could have dropped by to say 'hi' - I guess the engineers are more exciting than us Tech guys....

• Moderators

He could have dropped by to say 'hi' - I guess the engineers are more exciting than us Tech guys....

Blame Kauffman for that! He held Damon hostage most of the day. They were still chatting after I left at 5... I barely got to see him myself!

Looking forward to the podcast!!

"Doing a back to back comparison with big Heritage will not be a common experience. "

I'd be surprised if anybody not on the Forum (i.e. us true believers) will ever get a chance to do that. My understanding is that the Palladium and Heritage are two different markets. My question is, how many dealers will try to have them on the floor at the same time? The Klipschorns demand a large room to show off properly. That floor space is an ever-more precious commodity in the brick-and-mortar world.

I've heard someone at Klipsch (on a webcast) call the Palladium a "halo" product. I am wondering if the Palladium's halo (and price!) will inspire sales of Heritage, which is already one of the best bargains in high-end audio.

I felt like a scumbag for not seeing you and Roger, but I was up for 21 hours yesterday as it was. Embarrassed

Next time I'll drive down the day before.

psshhh- ONLY 21 hours- what you needed was some ROCKSTAR BLUE!

(1.5 x the caffiene of Diet Rockstar)

Oh yeah, I heard them today- for about two minutes- courtesy of Mssr. Kauffman.

post-10755-13819354486114_thumb.jpg

psshhh- ONLY 21 hours- what you needed was some ROCKSTAR BLUE!

(1.5 x the caffiene of Diet Rockstar)

DIET ROCKSTAR updated to ROCKSTAR BLUE ... resist the urge Damon, resist the urge

Michael, don't overdue that stuff man ... wouldn't want you to have to go through ROCKSTAR detox

... my name is Micheal, and I haven't slept in 6 days ...

of course if DIET ROCKSTAR and ROCKSTAR BLUE only contains caffiene, that's not as "bad" as some of the energy drinks on the market

hmmm.... maybe I should try some for upcoming holiday travels? Though the diet Mountain Dew is my road cruisin poison of choice