New cart came today!

lwhaples

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike Lindsey wrote: I mentioned the ALK networks and 511B's earlier being partly
responsible for what I am hearing, but I also am certain the VRD's/BBX
with Cream have a lot to do with it as well.

Mike and all,

I cannot comment about the 103/103r cartridge because I bought a Dynavector Karat 17D3 for my Rega P5.

Like you, I am also using VRD's/BBXC. This is such a killer combo for vinyl. I am also using Khorns w/ALK xovers, but I don't think it matters what Klipsch speakers you use with the VRD's/BBXC combo. It has taken me 6 years to get where I am and I am so loving this. I am listening to music again and not equipment. I finally got "air" around the cymbals!

I hope everyone enjoys their music and this is a really great post!

Danny

Good one fini!

Josh, you know I'm only kidding ya.

Personally, I think this might be one of the better deals in all of audio. A DL-103R will set ya back $260, and then for another $200 after the Zu treatment you pretty much have a world class cartridge. That's the way I see it anyways...

Mike

Josh, you know I'm only kidding ya.

Personally, I think this might be one of the better deals in all of audio. A DL-103R will set ya back $260, and then for another $200 after the Zu treatment you pretty much have a world class cartridge. That's the way I see it anyways...

Mike

I know that!

And you're right on the the zu audio 103R (or 103 for that matter) being one of the great deals in audio. It's remarkable.

Josh

I am really interested in Marks honest opinion on the zu. I think that with my TT and arm it is a magnificant match for my Juicy Music set up and it really compliments the Juicy Music sound. Grain free and smooth with a pitch black background. Great midrange with realistic high and low end. Not tinny in the high and musical in the low end.

Josh

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got to attach the Zu DL-103R this morning, and I have been listening for the last 3 hrs or so, and all I can say is WOW!!!! [<:o)]

It is everything the standard 103R is and more! As much as I like the standard 103 (and now the Zu 103), they do not compare to the 103R versions (and they shouldn't to be honest). The Zu 103R is a very magnificent cart with lush mids, detailed highs and a tight bottom-end. I once knew a girl like that. [;)].

Kidding aside it is by far the best cart I have ever used, and the most expensive, even though it can be had for $265 + $200. I know there are a lot more expensive carts out there, but this has to be one of the best cartridges for under a grand! Again, I have nothing else to go on here, but if anyone is on the fence about this one, just do it. It's that good.

Mike