LCD vs Plasma

wyattearp

Found this review of the Sony KDS50A3000 so it's the 50 not the 60 but same basic tv. The Sony KDS50A3000 is also what I am considering but due to what I read online I'm going to wait.

I read online that sony is going to stop making the DLP tvs due to lost profits from people buying plasma and LCD so the prices on sony DLP tv in June-Dec should drop even more.

My best friend has a Sony 60 DLP and it looks outstanding on HD matierial.

http://www.ultimateavmag.com/rearprojectiontvs/1207sony3000/

James,

I look at it in the worst case basis. Most likely the TV won't need Service, BUT if it does say 5 years down the road, will the Parts still be Avaliable.

No I have no affliation with any Big Box stores, but I also wonder how They are going to handle repairs (if needed).

Long story short, Save up your Money and buy either Plasma or LCD. jmho.

I have a Sony 34 inch widescreen and a Denon 2900 dvd player and it has been a great tv and dvd player! While the picture in 1080i is not as good as a 1080p tv with HD/Blueray players it is close enough for me to just keep the 34 inch sony and wait another 2-3 years if the sony will last.

With the 34 in tv I already have a tv that if it breaks will probably be hard to get fixed. So hopefully in 2 years a 50 LCD/plasma will have better prices.

Well..................................

yesterday I was leaning to older, bigger-more bang for the buck DLP or Sony LCoS (XBR or whatever...), today I'm back to LCD, but I watch a lot of hockey (GO CANES!!!) and are they more prone to blurring? So that brings plasma back into the mix, but the rooms still too bright...

ARRGGGHHHH!

AND I found a 720p 60" Pioneer plasma that has an AMAZING picture. Phooey

I still ask "Are Monster Power Centers worth the price?" Any alternatives?

Thank you!

"ARRGGGHHHH!"

I agree!!! That is why when I went to some stores watched the HDTVs with blueray/hd dvd players and came home and watched some movies on my set up (which is payed off) I did not "see" any reason to get a whole new HDTV system.

Yes the HDTVs have a better pic but not worth spending another $2000-3500 for.

I still ask "Are Monster Power Centers worth the price?" Any alternatives?

There are others out there. I haven't purchased others but I did find this guy on ebay, http://electronics.search.ebay.com/_Surge-Protection-Filtration_W0QQcatrefZC12QQsacatZ67779QQsassZgear4less. His prices are almost half of retail my last piece was from him and it is new in the box. I will try to look for the other companies that people have talked about.

James

I use a Monster HTS 3600 and like it. It turns on a couple jacks sequentially which lets other things power up before amps. I think it's really a glorified surge protector rather than a super clean power conditioner, but it works fine for me and is easy to use. It has some triggers that I hope I can get around to setting up. I know I could have found something at lower cost. I don't use all the satellite phone TV stuff since at this point we have no phone and use bunny ears for TV. It's probably a little over the top for a surge device, but it beats digging around to find the switch on a box buried under cables on the floor! Quality is nice. Think I paid ~$350 w free shipping on Amazon. The HTS 5100 was too much $ for me.