Been kinda busy

dtel's wife

• Moderators

I haven't been able to post in a while. I just wanted to let you guys/gals know I have been reading the forum, and of course dtel has been keeping me informed on everyone's status.

My really busy season with the family starts around Thanksgiving and doesn't end until...about another week.

This year we had a new grandson born....Kayden Lane on November 3. Between Thanksgiving Dinner for 25+, Christmas decorations, Christmas shopping/wrapping, Christmas Dinner, New Year's Eve and then all the "undecorating" I hardly come up for air.

Additionally, Kayden has been diagnosed as likely having Hirschsprung's disease, which affects the colon. He will undergo anesthesia on February 7, at which time the doctors will do three or four tests, including a colonoscopy to determine if in fact he does have Hirschsprung's. If he does, he will have surgery within two or three weeks of that date. This has been extremely emotional for me, as all three of our daughters and the other four grandchildren were completely healthy at birth.

More than likely Kayden will require a colostomy....possibly for a few months, at which time he will undergo additional surgery to remove the colostomy, or he may have the colostomy permanently...depending on the success of the surgery and the extent of the colon disease. This has been especially difficult on our youngest daughter, whose forum name is "dtel's baby girl".

On top of everything I developed a rather nasty case of pneumonia between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am still trying to fight the pneumonia. To me the coughing and exhaustion have been overwhelming.

I just thought I would update you guys for anyone that is interested.

Actually....I was just giving dtel a chance to catch up with my number of posts!!!!![;)]

I'm sure you've done your internet searching -- the first three that came up for me were:

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hirschsprungs_ez/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirschsprung's_disease

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001140.htm

Apparently some cases don't need a temporary colostomy. Best wishes to Kayden!

Larry

Best wishes for a quick and successful surgery for the little guy! And for you, Christy, I wish you peace, and full recovery from that nasty pneumonia. Please take care of yerself...You're important to us!!

Gregg, Cathy and the girls

Circle the Wagons, and pray for the best ....... Christy, you must take care of yourself, I think others in your family look to you for strength, and direction, hold them together, better yet, a Big Group Hug, and carry on ............. Your not alone, many here pulling for you and your family !!!!!!!!!!!

your all, of course, in our prayers as well...

Be safe.,.,. Were slowely getting back to normal too. Whatever "Normal" is.

We have a huge print in our basement I really love it sais... "The future is just a collection of successive nows!" Live in the present.. It is pretty good advice when you have un knowns.

• Moderators

Christy and Eldon,

I am so sorry to hear the news about your latest addition to the DTEL tribe. (25+ for Thanksgiving, that has got to be a hoot). We will keep the little guy in our prayers and please let us know if there is anything we can do. A good hunting buddy of mine has that condition, he is 55, hunts all over the world. He is from Galviston (BOI) and is one of the greatest people you would ever want to meet. If he hadn't told me I would have never known other then he is very careful about ETOH intake and popcorn. I hope it does not come to that, but God does not give us challenges that we cannot handle.

Travis

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you who have had my little boy in your prayers. He is doing alot better. He now weighs 14 lbs and looks like a little butterball. We got a second opinion and as long as he is thriving right now they are going to wait until he is 6 months to do anything with him. I couldn't write this and not say that he is an amazing baby. He is the sweetest thing. He loves to snuggle he is always smiling and my life would have never been complete without him. Again Thanks to all of you!!

post-22668-13819360154832_thumb.jpg