OT: My son Max

anarchist

As some of you know, my wife and I had a son born in Sept. 2007. He is a beautiful seemingly healthy guy and is the happiest baby I have ever encountered. Unfortunately, we learned Max has cystic fibrosis. We knew my wife was a carrier but I had been tested and told I was not. Max proved the tests were inadequate and I turned out to carry a very, very rare form of CF. So much for luck.

CF is fatal. We are doing everything we can to keep Max healthy but unless something changes, it won't make a difference when the CF progresses. Current research indicates a cure may be near and the hope is delivering one by 2012. I know it is optimistic but it is the only hope we have.

I have included a link to Max and an appeal. Take a moment to look at it and consider what you can. Thank you.

I'm a respiratory therapist and worked in a C.F. section of a children's hospital. Amazing kids with a better outlook on life than I had at the time. Your child can lead a very normal life with this disease. If you have any questions or need some support contact me please.

God Bless, .

James

Max is just fine, Carl. His full name is Robert Maxwell Elliott. I get confused whenever the doctors call him Robert.

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread so far or contributed. I have felt for a long time the members of this forum were like an extended family; your prayers, emotional support, and offers of assistance demonstrate the best in man. I appreciate it deeply.

Will post another pic or two of Max in this thread so you guys can see him a bit more. Again, my deepest appreciation and affection for you all.

anarchist

i am so sorry to hear this, your son is adorable, i waited till late in life and had my first and to date only child (son, joe jr) in feb of 2007, i am 42 now and I consider myself a strong person but i honestly dont know what i would do if i ever got the news you have about your son (or any news with a prognosis like this about my son) i honest to god feel we are blessed to have him we lost 3 along the way trying to have him, and i am sure you feel blessed everytime you look at or hold your son, i cant say i know how you feel but i can say you and your family will be in our prayers, God bless you and i hope / wish nothing but the best for you, your wife, and your son

Joe

Anarchist, Best Wishes, and Good Luck to you and your family ............. Isn't it amazing how you pull together in time of hardships ......... I have been blessed with 2 children, and have watched them grown into adulthood, and Thank God everyday for my family.............. He doesn't give you more than you can handle ................. Enjoy your Son, Love Him, Protect him, and God will handle the rest !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ................

Done. Transaction # 1250171924

Heavenly Father,

I give you thanks for the gift of Max. Thank you Lord, for the joy he has brought to his parents, a joy that is your gift as well. But Lord, Max has been caught in this fallen and imperfect world, and he needs your healing Spirit. Thank you for the doctors, nurses and medical team that you have provided.

I acknowledge you as Lord of all Creation, and ruler of all things. With you, nothing is impossible. Lord God, as a sign of your power, and to your glory, breathe your Spirit into little Max's lungs to aid the medical teams and to open passage ways for healing. We entrust Max to your loving care, knowing that you have suffered as we do. I lift up Max's parents to your Lord, that they may find comfort in friends and family at this time, and in you the Great Comforter. May each day dawn as a blessing on them, and may we all see Max grow into strength. I trust your decisions Lord, but I also know what your power can accomplish.

Please heal Max, Great Lord, for him, for his parents, and to your glory.

• Moderators

Pm Summer, that is perfect.

I have been reading this thread since it started, I can take anything dealing with adults, but when it comes to little kids or even babies like Max, it's hard. Just remember the doctors don't have the final word, they are only trying to help, thanks Pm Summer.