OT: My son Max

anarchist

God allows things like this for reasons I cannot understand, but He knows what is best and has a plan for both you and Max. Have faith in the Lord and he will guide you through this. I will keep your son, you and your wife in my prayers and have my family pray as well.

On the medical side - the prognosis for this disease is improving steadily over time, especially because of early treatments that can prevent irreversible damage to the lungs (I believe ibuprofen will help to slow repiratory decline(check with physician about age and dosages)). Since it was diagnosed early you have this on your side, as well as him being a boy (males have better prognosis than females).

Above all - you have God on your side and the prayers of many.

Max turned 4 months old today. He also passed another milestone when he rolled over from his stomach to his back today. He knew it was a big deal too. My wife immediately put him back on his stomach, he raised up high in the air, let out a shreek and rolled on over. He then promptly started talking some smack and did some laughing. It was awesome to watch. It is these moments which allow us to temporarily forget about the CF. Of course, he started coughing an hour later but that is another story.