Jolida JD-300B with Klipschorns?

HPower

Hey Curmugeon,

Have you ever tried the Apollo in place of the 100A, if so, what did you think of that combo?

I agree, it is nice to have the option of doctoring the sound with simple swap of a couple of tubes.

My budget will probably be in the $1000 range, give or take a bit depending what is available... new or used.

This seems to be a very competitive price range right now and to get a much better player you would have to

move up to the $3000 range for something like a Naim CD5x or a Ayre CX-7e.

Of the reviews that I have read (not that you can believe everything that the mags write) the Ayre might be my 1st choice,

if money was not a factor... smooth, detailed, and most important, dynamic.

I just checked my tracking number and it says that my JD 300B is "out for delivery", I cant wait to get

home from work today.

[:D]

As a matter of fact, I might just leave at lunch time today...

Ya, that's it, not feeling well, I better go home early [6]

Well, I picked up the JD-300B on Friday and did a bit of listening over the weekend.

My 1st concern of the 9wpc is a non issue, with these 2 coke bottles suppling more than enough juice for the Khorns.

The sound is very nice and easy to listen to.

With the amp on but no music playing I can hear a faint hum from both speakers at about 2 feet away.

I'm not sure if it could be some noisey tubes, or maybe the bias just needs to be tweeked.

With the music playing you can not pick out the hum but I still would like to get it as quiet as I can.

Maybe not quite as dynamic as my Cornwalls were when driven with the Quicksilver Mid Monos (50wpc EL34).

But that was in a smaller room upstairs and had a Musical Fidelity CD-Pre24 as a source, as apposed to the

cheapo Denon DVD player that I am using right now.

I definately need a real CDP... but what to go with?