Klipsch Spotters

thebes

Kinda surprised none of the Chicagoland Klipschers got this one...

There are 7 Oasis... Oases... Oasi? "Rest Stops" on the Illinois toll roads around here. Each of those locations has 2 gas stations - one for each direction on that particular interstate. On the roofs of these stations aimed towards the pumps is a pair of CA-800's. The speakers inside were of a different manufacturer however.

This does mean that 24 hours a day, there are 28 Klipsch speakers on Illinois interstates, blaring away :) I grabbed shots today - will get new ones on a less cloudy day. Here you go:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Man, you've got a sharp eye Srobak. Very cool discovery.

I hereby name thee Klipsch Spotter of the Week.

So what did you win?

Well usually nothing but I just realized I have an official Klipsch tie-tac here, so PM or email your addres and I'll send it out to you.

• Like 2

I am not sure if this counts, but it seems I cant walk anywhere on my school
campus without running into a Klipsch setup.

Since I have installed Klipsch in the theater, gym, band & chorus room,
& 10 pairs of Promedia's in classrooms, I am now walking into classrooms
& finding that the teachers are buying Klipsch I-pod systems for their desks, &
in the last month, I have seen 2 students with Klipsch earphones with
I-pods.

Just this morning I emailed Amy about ordering another 10 pairs of
Promedia's.

• 4 weeks later...

The auditorium at Maconaquah high school near Grission Air Reserve Base, Bunker Hill IN. Looked like a black heresy sized Klipsch speaker high on the wall on either side of the stage. I would assume a professional version of the Heresy but may have just been a black heresy. In the center above the front of the stage, above the false ceiling section, it looked like there might of been a couple more black boxes with a rectangular Klipsch logo that were larger than a Heresy. The lighting was terrible for the ones on the wall but I'm reasonably sure it said KLIPSCH but my vision was pretty fuzzy, and even less light above the stage. (Fool that I am, I should've taken a still shot with my video camera or even video though it was very dark). There was some large horns and I'm not sure what all in the center array. Maybe a bass bin or 2 as well.

This is not the school my daughters attend. Probably noticed 5 years ago when our oldest daughter played flute in the 7th grade, her 1 year in band. Our youngest daughter has began to proclaim herself a band geek as a 7th grade beginning euphonium player, this being her 1st band contest. She also did a solo and a brass ensemble a few weeks ago so this may be the first of several contests though don't know if they're always at this school. If they are, will probably be there next year around this time.

... Our youngest daughter has begun to proclaim herself a band geek as a 7th grade beginning euphonium player, this being her 1st band contest. She also did a solo and a brass ensemble a few weeks ago so this may be the first of several contests though don't know if they're always at this school....
Cool! Make sure to encourage her. My youngest is at Valparaiso, will be a senior next year, majoring in music composition. He gets to go to Vienna with the school orchestra in May as Principle Trumpet.

Watch the movie "The Invisible" in the first five minutes of the movie there's a scene that takes place in the basement where you'll see a Decorator Heresy sequestered in the corner next to the workbench. It looks like it's stacked on top of a custom subwoofer however that may be the other Heresy laid sideways. Is this a movie prop or did this scene take place in the producers basement or something? Mark

Just got back from Las Vegas on a business trip.

I went to lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe which was just a block down from where I was staying and sure enough, guess what was hanging up there staring back at me. You got it - Klipsch.

There is an out-door mall in or near Noblesville, IN that uses Klipsch speakers. Look at the green lamp posts and look closely at the speakers mounted on there. You can see the Klipsch oval logo through the green paint.

I've could've also swore that I saw Klipsch speakers some where else recently, but cannot remember. Don't know if that was in Steamboat, CO (where I was the first week of February) or if it was just this past week in Las Vegas (beside the Hard Rock Cafe). Unfortunatly, though, the Chiles across the street from my place has that "No Highs, No Lows....", well you get the idea.

The movie theater in Harrisonburg, VA, near where I ski patrol, has Klipsch as well as a movie theater I was in a couple of years ago in the Short Pump area of Richmond. That was actually kinda funny as I was there for a seminar that Microsoft was hosting for their then brand new Visual Studio 2005 (yes, I know - after many years of being a Unix developer, it seems that the winds have changed and now I am primarily an MS Windows developer [:|]). But anyway, me and this one guy sitting next to me got into a conversation about home theater and how he was talking up his Bose setup. I remember just pointing up at the wall where the speaker was hanging and mentioned my Klipsch setup. His jaw just dropped.

I am hoping the new Muvico theater being built here in Fredericksburg (one of those high-end deals with valet parking, serves drinks during the movie, full-service restaraunt and so forth) will have Klipsch.

I believe that the sound of Klipsch is unmistakable and I am drawn to it. I can hear it a mile away and my ears perk when I hear it. (for me anyway, anyone else?)

I will do this in several posts because I have a few.

While at the front desk checking into a HI Hotel in Arkansas (late 70's), I heard THE sound.

Later, walked into the small HI bar in Jonesboro, AR. to find four Cornwalls, not hung and flying but backs mounted flush to the ceiling. Hammered that little place. Stayed there last year, bar had moved to a different place in the hotel and CW's were gone.[:'(]

Next instalment: Don Tyson's home.........

tc

We were at the Hard Rock Cafe in San Antonio, they had Klipsch speakers all the way around. Sounded good.

We were also at Sea World. The speakers looked like they could have been Klipsch, but the tags were taken off, and they were mounted up high, hard to tell.

Noticed a few in my den also, hehehe

Paul

Early 80's, had a friend that was invited to a party at Don Tyson's home, (tyson foods) and he invited me. Scraped the cow-poop from my boots and walked in to see two Klipschorns blasting from the corners. There was an old man there with red eyes, long hair, and that smelled of BO. We were introduced. His name was Willie Nelson.

Next Instalment: A customer in BEC country, AR.

tc

Early 80's, ...... There was an old man there with red eyes, long hair, and that smelled of BO. We were introduced. His name was Willie Nelson.

tc

Willie was born in 1933, so he would only have been in his early 50s. It was his hard livin that made him look like an old man.

... Our youngest daughter has begun to proclaim herself a band geek as a 7th grade beginning euphonium player, this being her 1st band contest. She also did a solo and a brass ensemble a few weeks ago so this may be the first of several contests though don't know if they're always at this school....

Cool! Make sure to encourage her. My youngest is at Valparaiso, will be a senior next year, majoring in music composition. He gets to go to Vienna with the school orchestra in May as Principle Trumpet.

Marvel. That's awesome! Did I talk to you and your son at the Pilgrimage last June? I know I spoke to a father and son and that the son went to Valparaiso majoring in music of some kind. I grew up about an hour East of Valpo, a mile off of US 30. (Opposite Donaldson, Ancilla College). A very bright articulate young man if I recall. (I'm terrible with names and faces) I'd be surprised if it was a different father and son. I think I talked to the son a bit about stopping in at the chapel once on a road trip in college on the way to or from Chicago and we were fortunate in that someone started practicing on the organ.

(if you're thinking that whack job.... in my defense, I was up until 4 Friday morning unloading the loft in our garage for the garage sale my wife was having Friday and Saturday morning of the Pilgrimage)