Klipsch Spotters

thebes

It's time to do for "General" what I've done for "2 Channel". Yes folks a thread that refuses to die. A thread that has never been off the first page of 2 Channel" since well, quite a long time now. Oh sure you can say that's do mostly to PMSummer and you would be correct. The man owns more albums than all of us put together.

But where was I?

Oh yes, you've heard of train spotters, well why not Klipsch spotters.

A hardy group of fanatics who will not enter a room, a bar, a theater, a funeral parlor, whatever, without being constantly on the search for that rare elusive beast, a Klipsch speaker.

What's he talking about now Willis you say. Well I'll tell you.

October , 2007. Customers house. Spotted in living room a pair of Fortes. Downstairs a 1956 single Khorn with wooden squawker.

Christmas 2007. Home for the holidays. Several of us go the original Twin Trees Restaurant, home to Syracuse, New York's most cherished pizza. Eight feet up, mounted on platforms at each end of the bar are two Heresy's surveying the scene in their medium oaked glory.

So my friends are you with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (stomping of feet and beating of shields)

So go forth my fellow Klipschers and bring back you tales. Wherever your spot them we want to know. May this thread, like the Force, never die.

• Like 2

Purdue Soccer Complex West Lafayette Indiana, 30 Sep 2007. 8 Klipsch outdoor speakers around AW 650 size would be my guess or maybe CA 650 or 800 though I'm not really sure.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/95793/969538.aspx#969538

By the way, Purdue pounded Northwestern.

Wonder if Stew's dentist has installed Klpsch yet?

$5 a head, Big 10 soccer. Purdue beat Portland who was or had been number one. Kicked up a couple of notches from high school soccer.

And it's women's soccer.... for those of you who really like to see young women work up a good sweat.

• Moderators

After driving 45 min to go to the french Quarter one night we parked in a parking lot and started walking. I realized I needed to find a bathroom and the building on the side of the parking lot is the House of Blues, so we went in to get a drink.

When I came back to the bar Christy and i were talking about how good the music sounded, I got up and walked over to one of the tall columns which had speakers mounted all around it so I could see what name was on the speakers. When I seen the name I remembered reading Klipsch had done the sound in all of the HOB's. There must have been 25 speakers just in the bar lounge area, they were not all that loud but you could hear everything being played. Sounded really good, always looking.

Posted this earlier but it certainly belongs here. I spotted what I think were six RF-83s inverted, hanging from the ceiling in the NFL Vikings training gym in Minneapolis. My son and I went to the Viking summer training camp in Minkota and were also treated to a tour of their corporate offices and training facilities and there they were. Done my duty.

At the BP gas station in Westfield along US31 just north of Indianapolis near 116th street.

They've got a pair of Klipsch on the roof that have been there and are always on whenever we've stopped there since it was remodeled as a BP Connect several years ago.

One is missing the grille and angled somewhat skyward and still sounds fine being exposed to the Indiana weather.

These Cornwalls were spotted in a rehearsal room at the University of Hawaii in Honolulu.

The band director was unhappy with their placement as they fired the high frequencies over everyone's head except the percussion section on the back upper tier.

That's the spirit Dudes!

Wherever you go, wherever you are, whatever you're doing, keep your eyes peeled. You never know when a a pair of Klipsch will pop up.

I look forward to this thread popping up on a regular basis and we spread out around the globe in search of....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...