• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David H

Do you have ramps at the woofer throat?

I did add a ramp at the throat.

What is the volume of the woofer chamber? 1.3 CF

What model number Heresy woofer are you using? K22E

What is the area of the slot and dimensions? 2.5 X 10.5

What is the length of the horn? The horn length at half throat to the side is 9.25" and from back to mouth is 20" (29.25")

The crossover changes I have made so far are simply increasing the tweeter by 9db and the squalker by 6db, this seems quite good, but the bass is a bit shouty / boomy as if the crossover frequecy at the woofer is too high, I have not made any measurements yet. but overall still sounds smoother than my Heresy's

post-24405-1381935931579_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

If that is the case I will have to find a way to add them....There is always a way. This may also be why the bass is shouty it almost echo's. Thanks.

sure you can add them.....it looks like your handy with a router....use a plunge bit and ride the inside walls from behind and remove the backs...put the ramps in and add a slightly larger back along with the original back and you'll be all set.

Guest David H

Either that or come in through the top of the box just behind the bass chamber with a flush cut then rabbit in half depth and build a patch. I have a prototype that I will experiment with before touching the finished boxes. I will post picks.

Do you think that is why the bass is boomy? You seem to have good insite to the problem. Have you seen this issue before?

I think you may have trouble getting the bass bin to go high enough to reach the 700 hz frequency that the K-700 horn you are using is capable of. The standard Lascala bass bin can only reach around 450 hz and from there, the K-400 (400 hz) horn can take over. The smaller size cabinet may be capable of going somewhat higher than the standard Lascala bass horn, but can it reach 700 hz? I really don't know, but I would think it could not do that.

Bob Crites

"Do you think that is why the bass is boomy? "

Yes, that's why I asked about the ramps.

On BEC's point, there is going to be a gap if the k-700 horn is used in the long run.

ALKENG.com shows a 700HZ ES network for the LaScala bass bin as well as 600HZ, 500HZ, and 400hz. But those are sleeper sloping networks.

"Do you think that is why the bass is boomy? "

Yes, that's why I asked about the ramps.

On BEC's point, there is going to be a gap if the k-700 horn is used in the long run.

ALKENG.com shows a 700HZ ES network for the LaScala bass bin as well as 600HZ, 500HZ, and 400hz. But those are sleeper sloping networks.